PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick and his hobby.

mickeyrom51
Jul 18th 2007, 12:01 pm
Dog fighting!.....disgusting.I hope I never see his sorry butt again.:mad:

BigZ38
Jul 18th 2007, 12:07 pm
Dog fighting!.....disgusting.I hope I never see his sorry butt again.:mad:

It's a shame what some athlete's think they can get away with....they think their invisible....I applaud Roger Goodell because he has stepped up with the recent trouble makers in the NFL and givin them hefty suspensions and well deserved ones.

mickeyrom51
Jul 18th 2007, 12:21 pm
It's a shame what some athlete's think they can get away with....they think their invisible....I applaud Roger Goodell because he has stepped up with the recent trouble makers in the NFL and givin them hefty suspensions and well deserved ones.
Absolutely:mad:

VanMan
Jul 18th 2007, 1:21 pm
Well, the thing is with Vick, he's not a "repeat offender." This is officially his first major run-in with the law, so Goddell is going to let the process take its course. I don't know how Arthur Blank will take this, though. He did release a statement stating his disappointment of the indictment.

mickeyrom51
Jul 18th 2007, 1:27 pm
Well, the thing is with Vick, he's not a "repeat offender." This is officially his first major run-in with the law, so Goddell is going to let the process take its course. I don't know how Arthur Blank will take this, though. He did release a statement stating his disappointment of the indictment.
This is not about "this is his first run in with the law".It's what that run-in is about.It doesnt get much worse than dog-fighting ,until you get into child abuse or murder.

BigZ38
Jul 18th 2007, 2:39 pm
The fact that he was there and directed the executions of the dogs makes me sick. I had a hard time watching the video footage of dog fighting on the report they had on Outside the Lines.

mickeyrom51
Jul 18th 2007, 4:00 pm
The fact that he was there and directed the executions of the dogs makes me sick. I had a hard time watching the video footage of dog fighting on the report they had on Outside the Lines.
There is no way that I would be able to watch that.

DLee25
Jul 18th 2007, 4:55 pm
How about we just delete every Barry Bonds topic, every Pacman topic, every Tank topic, and how about Mike Vick also? These are the guys that don't deserve to make news, and i truly don't care about them. It gets annoying to hear about it EVERYDAY!

mickeyrom51
Jul 18th 2007, 5:03 pm
How about we just delete every Barry Bonds topic, every Pacman topic, every Tank topic, and how about Mike Vick also? These are the guys that don't deserve to make news, and i truly don't care about them. It gets annoying to hear about it EVERYDAY!
I think that the title of this thread makes it abundantly clear what it is all about.Just dont look at it.This thread is pretty much buried in the football section anyway.
I have not started a thread about any of the others you mentioned,but if you actually read my post you know I feel very strongly about this.I see no reason to avoid ANY subject I choose to address.You have the right not to read it.

ARamfan
Jul 18th 2007, 9:14 pm
This is not about "this is his first run in with the law".It's what that run-in is about.It doesnt get much worse than dog-fighting ,until you get into child abuse or murder.

You're totally right, Mickey. It's abominable and something I can't even believe exists. It really doesn't get much worse than that.

DLee25
Jul 19th 2007, 11:23 am
I think that the title of this thread makes it abundantly clear what it is all about.Just dont look at it.This thread is pretty much buried in the football section anyway.
I have not started a thread about any of the others you mentioned,but if you actually read my post you know I feel very strongly about this.I see no reason to avoid ANY subject I choose to address.You have the right not to read it.

I wasn't criticizing you. I was just saying that I am sick of hearing about this every where I go to read about sports.

mickeyrom51
Jul 19th 2007, 11:30 am
I wasn't criticizing you. I was just saying that I am sick of hearing about this every where I go to read about sports.
If you are sick of hearing about Vick,you better not watch any sports programs.ESPN spent a lot of time on that issue.Extreme cruelty to animals should never be ignored,but rather should be exposed.As far as these other guys,I dont pay much attention to them.

BigZ38
Jul 19th 2007, 12:48 pm
ESPN has a problem with letting these stories go. The only thing they've talked about all summer all day everyday is Pacman, Tank, Vick, and whether the Yankees will catch the Red Sox (which they won't so why do they keep asking). It's like watching a replay of the same show everyday.

DLee25
Jul 19th 2007, 12:54 pm
ESPN has a problem with letting these stories go. The only thing they've talked about all summer all day everyday is Pacman, Tank, Vick, and whether the Yankees will catch the Red Sox (which they won't so why do they keep asking). It's like watching a replay of the same show everyday.

That's exactly what I was trying to say. I don't even mind watching sportscenter anymore, half the show goes to Vick.

DLee25
Jul 19th 2007, 12:55 pm
If you are sick of hearing about Vick,you better not watch any sports programs.ESPN spent a lot of time on that issue.Extreme cruelty to animals should never be ignored,but rather should be exposed.As far as these other guys,I dont pay much attention to them.

I am sick of hearing about Vick, and Im not gonna give up sports. It's ridiculous when the espn spends half of their time talking about him. I could honestly CARELESS if he misses the first day of practice. Big deal, let it go, he messed up, he's an idiot. Talk about when he is suspended, and when he is gonna serve his time? Otherwise I honestly could careless.

CUBScrazy22
Jul 22nd 2007, 8:00 pm
I say we should execute or hang Vick and see how much he likes it.

ARamfan
Jul 22nd 2007, 8:03 pm

Don't leave out drowning.

BigZ38
Jul 22nd 2007, 8:03 pm

But first we let him fight another person until he is unable to fight any longer or is seriously injured....then we execute him. Or we could drop him in a pit of 10 vicious pit bulls on death row and see how long he lasts.

mickeyrom51
Jul 22nd 2007, 8:09 pm
There is nothing bad enough for people who inflict pain on others for their own pleasure.Even worse than the dog fights are the training methods of which I dont have the stomach to discuss.

CUBScrazy22
Jul 22nd 2007, 8:09 pm
Don't leave out drowning.

But first we let him fight another person until he is unable to fight any longer or is seriously injured....then we execute him. Or we could drop him in a pit of 10 vicious pit bulls on death row and see how long he lasts.

I didn't hear about the drowning. That is unbelieveably cruel too. All of the above would be good punishment. Ya, let's see if he can fight a pit bull. I'd put money on the dog.

BigZ38
Jul 22nd 2007, 8:22 pm
I really hope that sports stars will look at what's happened recently with some certain athletes and realize that they aren't invisible and they can be caught by Authorities and persecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

NeifiPerezMVP2007
Jul 24th 2007, 4:46 am
He is innocent until proven guilty. That said, the federal prosecutor that brought the charges has a 95% success rate and that doesn't help Vicks situation one bit. I find the whole think revolting.:(

VanMan
Jul 24th 2007, 8:19 am
Last night, Roger Goddell ordered Vick not to report to training camp when the Falcons start up Thursday until the league's investigation concludes. It's not a full-blown suspension, but they're trying to appease PETA and the ASPCA.

mickeyrom51
Jul 24th 2007, 8:33 am
Last night, Roger Goddell ordered Vick not to report to training camp when the Falcons start up Thursday until the league's investigation concludes. It's not a full-blown suspension, but they're trying to appease PETA and the ASPCA.
Appease PETA and ASPCA? Is that what you really think?If he is proven guilty, and I suspect that he will be,he should be kicked not only out of football but thrown in jail for as long as the law allows.