PDA

View Full Version : QB Change?

diehardnorthsider
Nov 27th 2006, 6:24 pm
What is everyones take on Rex Grossman, should the Bears look towards Griese or let Grossman keep the starting job?

Webgem
Nov 27th 2006, 6:42 pm
Well, if they do make a QB change they better do it now and not wait until week 14 where Griese isn't familiar with the receivers.

scuba
Nov 27th 2006, 6:46 pm
I think you have to stay with Grossman. The guy is 9-2. You can't expect him to have a good game every game he plays. I mean, take a look at the crappy year Favre had last year, but then this year he has come back with a pretty decent season. And what happens if you replace him with Griese and he doesn't do good? Then all you've done is stunted Rex's growth even more than the injuries the past couple years have already. Give him a break.

Everybody gets so quick to change QBs. I was watching Around the Horn and Sportscenter and that stuff today and it's amazing. From what I can see, people think Grossman, Vick, Plummer, Delhomme, and pretty much any other QB it seems who isn't named Peyton Manning or Tom Brady has a chance of being replaced in the near future if they haven't been already. It's just crazy.

HOLYCOW!25
Nov 27th 2006, 7:00 pm
Lovie already said that he's not even gonna consider replacing Rex.

VanMan
Nov 27th 2006, 8:32 pm
I don't think Grossman is the problem with the Bears' offense. The last few weeks, the opposing defenses have been putting a lot of pressure on the guy. I caught part of Chicago Tribune Live on CSN tonight, and they said that Rex was pressured nine times to Brady's one. If the line would just give Rex a little more time to find open receivers, it might be better. However, Rex also has to learn to play within himself. He's trying to go for the bomb just about every time. He should try to do some dinks and dumps and let Moose and Berriman get some YACs, maybe a few toss sweeps to the RBs. We're not asking him to win games; that's the job of Urlacher and the rest of the defense! Just run the offense and get some points on the board.

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Nov 27th 2006, 9:19 pm
I totally understand that the guy isn't gonna have a great game every week. But heres some stats to support the fact that Rex is on a steady decline, first five games he threw 3 INT, last 6 games he has thrown 11 INT and fumbled twice. Not to mention that in the last 6 games he wants to throw nothing but the deep ball everytime he drops back, and everytime he throws it its in double coverage. My thoughts is that Chicago needs to make a change at the position before its to late and they don't have time to prepare Griese for the playoffs. I feel that if they leave Grossman at this spot he is gonna continue to be insubordinate and continue to throw into double coverage which always leads to interceptions. Chicago needs some kind of scare tactic to show Rex that his job is not a given.