PDA

View Full Version : Bears vs Rams

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 11th 2006, 4:55 pm
Whats everyones predictions? Does Grossman get pulled? score?

The Grossman situation is a hard one to call he is very capable of coming out and throwing for 300 yards with 4 touchdowns and then again we all know that he is also capable of 4 Int and a passer rating of 1.3, So with this in mind I think Grossman is going to turn things around this week because he is feeling the pressure for his starting job. I think he will throw for about 200-225 yards with 2 TD's and 1 Int. Bears win this one 31-10 There's my prediction lets hear yours.

scuba
Dec 11th 2006, 5:20 pm
I think Rex will do fine tonight and I really hope he does. I don't see him getting pulled unless he turns it over at least 2 times in the first half. My guess is they will be more conservative tonight and run the ball more. Personally, I think they try to use Grossman too much sometimes. You don't need to rely on him so much when you have a good running game and great defense and special teams. Anyway, I see it being closer than you, sheff, but I still see the Bears winning tonight (even though it is a huge game for the Rams).

Bears 27, Rams 21

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 11th 2006, 5:24 pm
I had to put up the big numbers because from the looks of things the odds are against us. If Rex doesn't play well tonight we will not win and yesterday was upset Sunday. A ton of teams that were picked to win just couldn't get it done. Lets hope the Bears don't fall into this catagory.

Webgem
Dec 11th 2006, 7:11 pm
27-14....Bears win

DLee25
Dec 11th 2006, 8:18 pm
Who else is sick of the commentators keep talking about Rex, you think they are done just bashing him. But here we go again, then they add a few positive things.

VanMan
Dec 11th 2006, 8:23 pm
Well, all the talk leading up to this game is whether Rex is going to last past halftime and whether Griese is going to play. When your starting quarterback is turning the ball over 20-some times in the last seven or eight games, you have to wonder if he's going to be benched. So far, I don't think Rex has done anything to get benched. He did get blindsided once and his pass fell incomplete, but that's the OL problem there. He did get that first down on the run. Now if the defense can get off the field.

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 11th 2006, 8:31 pm
Hester is da Man!!!!

Webgem
Dec 11th 2006, 8:31 pm
Hester is just freaking amazing...wow...:D

DLee25
Dec 11th 2006, 8:35 pm
Speedy Hester....look him up on YouTube, pretty crazy highlights back when he was with Miami!

Webgem
Dec 11th 2006, 8:39 pm
Defense needs to show up!!

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 11th 2006, 8:40 pm
Secondary is looking bad tonight, they need to step up

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 11th 2006, 9:00 pm
Those blindside hits suck, Rex knows first hand after that one!!

HOLYCOW!25
Dec 11th 2006, 9:08 pm
Yea that one was harsh. Lucky for him it wasn't a fumble.

HOLYCOW!25
Dec 11th 2006, 9:12 pm
Wow, anyone see that missed fieldgoal by the Rams at the end of the half? It looked like it was gonna be way wide, then started creeping in like it might just hit in off the post, then went wide again. I was freakin out.

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 11th 2006, 9:15 pm
yeah that was a pretty wild looking FG

Webgem
Dec 11th 2006, 9:23 pm
Those blindside hits suck, Rex knows first hand after that one!!

I was kind of surprised he got up. That had to hurt.:cool:

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 11th 2006, 9:38 pm
Watching this game makes me look back and see things a little different. It seems to me that the play calling could have been alot of Rex's problem. The mix with pass and run is more evened out than it has been in a long time.

Webgem
Dec 11th 2006, 9:48 pm
His passes are more on a line tonight to. Lately he has been floating them.

I like the combo of Cedric and Thomas. Maybe they can get out there together.

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 11th 2006, 9:52 pm
Scuba pointed out in a post earlier that they were relying on Rex to much and it made me look at it and they have definatly played more conservative tonight and it has allowed there offense to produce which is great becaue our Defense has struggled tonight.

Webgem
Dec 11th 2006, 9:57 pm
The play calling has been better....I like the screen calls which is opening it up for the receivers. Rex looks much better tonight.

scuba
Dec 11th 2006, 10:00 pm
Yeah, sheff, the Bears have pretty much done tonight what I said earlier. Rex looks a lot more relaxed tonight too. He is doing all he needs to do. He doesn't need to be Superman. Leave that to Urlacher and Hester! :p

Hester is freakin' amazing! :D

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 11th 2006, 10:06 pm
How did you like the reaction in the booth after that return? I think its the most intelligent thing I have heard Kornheiser ever say. "Has a return man ever been given Rookie of the Year?" ......lol

scuba
Dec 11th 2006, 10:09 pm
Yeah, that was cool. I loved when Belushi was in the booth cheering too! :D

VanMan
Dec 11th 2006, 10:14 pm
I think this looks like what the Bears should be at this part of the season. After the game, I'll have to turn to CSN to see what the Bears Postgame Live crew has to say about Rex. As I post, it's now 35-13 with about 13 minutes left.

Anyway, I think Rex has shown a little more discipline so far. He's reverted more to the dink and dunk game, handed the ball off to Jones and Benson, and let the other guys do the work. I'd give him an A- so far.

Webgem
Dec 11th 2006, 10:15 pm
I like it when Belushi said...yea the Cubs spent "some" money this off season...lol

VanMan
Dec 11th 2006, 10:17 pm
I like it when Belushi said...yea the Cubs spent "some" money this off season...lol
Didn't Kornheiser say that Belushi made an understatement?

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 11th 2006, 10:23 pm

I'm not sure if it was him but sounds like something that idiot would say he is such a Mr know it all. Put him and Collinsworth in the same category, I don't get wrapped up into downing the announcers but those two I despise and the other person I can't stand to listen to is Joe Morgan he is so anti Cubs its pathetic.

Brutus T Manstrength
Dec 11th 2006, 10:31 pm
wow. devin hestor is a god. 6 on the season??

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Hester for President!!! Bottom Line!!!!!!!

scuba
Oh My God!!! Hester does it again!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! :D :D

dundeecub
Dec 11th 2006, 10:32 pm
HESTER! omg!

Brutus T Manstrength
Dec 11th 2006, 10:35 pm
wow.. that's some fun crap to watch.. anybody else giggle a little with the obama bit?

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 11th 2006, 10:37 pm
This is crazy cause I made my prediction of 31-10 I thought it was a long shot from being that high scoring of a game and they exceeded that with no problem

HOLYCOW!25
I'm just glad to see that Grossman had a nice rythmn going.

VanMan
Nice call by Theisman there to kick it long. Percentages show that you'd be able to get the guy within the 20 yard line, but Hester has shown that you can't kick it to him, no matter what.

Did they call a helmet-to-helmet hit on that 4th and 5 play?

dundeecub
Dec 11th 2006, 10:42 pm
i reckon the bears are just letting the rams score so that heston has more chances at ko returns... ;)

--

dang

Brutus T Manstrength
Dec 11th 2006, 10:55 pm
I suppose Gould picked a good night to suck..

dundeecub
Dec 11th 2006, 11:00 pm
I suppose Gould picked a good night to suck..

its a shame, because he had absurd numbers up until tonight. though i think he's still heading towards beating his own record from last season.

Brutus T Manstrength
Dec 11th 2006, 11:03 pm
yeah, usually I find myself counting out him in my fantasy leagues.. luckily this week, I don't need him

Webgem
Dec 11th 2006, 11:03 pm

Yep........

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 11th 2006, 11:15 pm
Great win for Chicago. Rex played very well tonight. He threw for 200 yrds with 2 td's no Int's (close to my projection of 200-225 with 2 td's and 1 Int)
Just missed the points....now lets get homefield advantage!!