PDA

View Full Version : Hester for ROY?

scuba
Dec 12th 2006, 7:06 pm
Is Devin Hester the NFL's Rookie of the Year? I've been hearing this today from many sports reporters. He sure made a case for it last night. The guy is amazing! :D

Webgem
Dec 12th 2006, 7:23 pm
A lot of good rookies out there this year...but he has my vote...:D

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 12th 2006, 7:53 pm
To come into a league and set a record such as he has done then he is well deserving of the award.

diehardnorthsider
Dec 12th 2006, 8:44 pm
I can't get over the rookie class this year, wow!! I think Hester has the edge on Rookie of the Year after last nights performance.

DLee25
Dec 12th 2006, 9:17 pm
He would be my ROY

ryno23hof
Dec 12th 2006, 9:21 pm
He's strictly 1 dimensional. He set a record , that's pretty much his season. He won't get it over full-time players like Young , Leinart , Bush , Addai , Jones-Drew , etc.

Brutus T Manstrength
Dec 12th 2006, 10:42 pm
Yeah, Hester's been good.. but I think that Young will win it with the way he's turned the Titan's season around.. or maybe Bush.. He's having a solid season..

bringbacktuffy
Dec 13th 2006, 12:41 pm
as much as i like what hester is doing he wont get it unless he sees more playing time as a reciever or DB and does some good things. If young takes the titans to the playoffs he'll get it for sure. Or Bush, he's not rushing the ball but he's certainly contributing on offense and special teams

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 13th 2006, 12:49 pm
Ewww have you seen Reggie Bushs special teams? On punt returns he loses five yards as soon as he catches the ball. That would probably explain why Hester has 6 returns for Td's and Bush has 1. If you have not seen him return you must see it. Its very ugly IMO.

Brutus T Manstrength
Dec 13th 2006, 2:52 pm
that's not what he's there for.. and if he wins ROY, it's not going to be because of his special teams.. it's because of everything else he does well.. rushing the ball, recieving the ball.. teams look for him to get the ball all the time.. so he's an excellent decoy.. he's much more important to the saints than hester is for the bears..

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 13th 2006, 3:05 pm
that's not what he's there for.. and if he wins ROY, it's not going to be because of his special teams.. it's because of everything else he does well.. rushing the ball, recieving the ball.. teams look for him to get the ball all the time.. so he's an excellent decoy.. he's much more important to the saints than hester is for the bears..

I would have to disagree that Reggie is more important to the Saints than Hester is to the Bears....The Bears have had many games this year where they had to rely on Special Teams and Defense to win the game so that alone would debunk the statement that Reggie is more important

VanMan
Dec 13th 2006, 4:45 pm
I think the order for the ROY voting will be as such:

1. Young
2. Jones-Drew
3. Hester
4. Bush
5. Colston

bringbacktuffy
Dec 13th 2006, 6:20 pm
What about Addai for the Colts? Not sure on his numbers but Im pretty sure he's turning into a workhorse over there.

ryno23hof
Dec 14th 2006, 3:15 pm
Bush will finish ahead of Hester.

Brutus T Manstrength
Dec 14th 2006, 3:44 pm
yeah, bush'll finish way ahead of hester.. I mean, yeah.. breaking that record was a great accomplishment.. but bush's numbers speak for themselves..