PDA

View Full Version : Johnson Suspended For One Game

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 20th 2006, 2:17 am
I understand that this guy has had some off field issues in the past. But they are suspending him because he was at the bar the night his friend was shot and killed not for the gun charges the day before. Is it a rule that because he is a football player that he needs to be confined to his house? I think this is a little much to suspend a guy for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. He has no control over the situation of one of his friends being shot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2702730

HOLYCOW!25
Dec 20th 2006, 4:32 pm
It was more like that bar incident was the last straw, and showing that he needs to watch his ***. I mean, he was arrested earlier that week on gun charges, and then gets involved in a shooting incident. It looks bad, and add that to the other charges he's had against him for the past few years, and it shows that they just need to show him to watch what he's doing.

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Dec 20th 2006, 5:30 pm
If that is the case wouldn't it make more sense to punish him for something that he has control over instead of something that he has no control over? I am not defending in any way that they didn't need to do something in this incident but to come down on him with a one game suspension for the shooting incident is a little unbelievable when it was the day before that he ws charged with the gun incident. I just think that they have approched this situation wrong because they are punishing a guy for his friend being shot. They definatly had all the means to discipline for other reasons besides this.

Webgem
Dec 20th 2006, 6:53 pm
I think he has to undergo therapy to.

HOLYCOW!25
Dec 20th 2006, 7:40 pm
I heard he told them he'd undergo therepy in the letter he wrote to them.

Webgem
Dec 20th 2006, 7:43 pm
I heard he told them he'd undergo therepy in the letter he wrote to them.

ahhh...didn't know that, thanks for the info.

HOLYCOW!25
Dec 20th 2006, 8:37 pm
I mean, they probably would have made him anyways, but he's willingly doing it.

scuba
Dec 21st 2006, 6:22 pm
Well, that's a good step on his part. He's a good player, just needs to stay out of trouble.