PDA

View Full Version : Tickets

bczar
Dec 22nd 2006, 7:52 am
Hey, everyone. I have tickets available for a few Cubs games at Wrigley this summer. If any of you are interested send me a PM and I'll give you the dates and details. These tickets are being offered for FACE VALUE. All of the games are evening and weekend. First come, first served.

Brutus T Manstrength
Dec 22nd 2006, 1:21 pm
How much is face value? got any dates?

WrigleyFielder
Dec 22nd 2006, 5:03 pm
PM Sent....

bczar
Dec 26th 2006, 7:51 am
Just an FYI.......

4/14 is no longer available.

roenick99
Dec 26th 2006, 11:11 am
Hey, everyone. I have tickets available for a few Cubs games at Wrigley this summer. If any of you are interested send me a PM and I'll give you the dates and details. These tickets are being offered for FACE VALUE. All of the games are evening and weekend. First come, first served.

So, how long do we have to request tix? I only get to make it up to Chicago for about one game a year and since I got totally burned by the Cubs last year, I making them prove to me that they are worthy of my money from now on. Basically, I got tickets last year and it was for the game that they were beat 16-3 by the Brewers. I spent $150 on four bleacher seats and it was easily the worst game I have ever been to in my whole entire life and I have seen some bad ones. I have vowed to not spend anymore money on them (no tickets, no merchandise, no nothing) until I am convinced they are worth it. Most likely it will take the playoffs for me to spend my money on them again, but we'll just have to see. I will still root for them and wear the Cubs gear I have and still be a fan, but I have vowed to spend no more until that time to be determined. Hell, I wouldn't even let anyone buy me Cubs stuff for Christmas or my upcoming birthday. Hopefully, I will be able to discontinue my Cubs spending freeze this year around September, but will hold out until necessary.:D

bczar
Dec 26th 2006, 1:52 pm
Unfortunately, if you're holding out on buying tickets until September, my offer will probably not do you any good. :) I am offering tickets to a few of the games I'll have and have no worries about getting rid of them for face value. Like I said, it's first come first served. There's a possibility I may offer some later in the season, but everything I am offering now will be gone by Jan 15th. Thanks for the interest.

roenick99
Dec 26th 2006, 2:02 pm
Yeah, I figured. I bought tickets off that ticket broker of the Cubs a couple of years ago and the tickets were a little pricey, but really good seats and worth it to the point that it was a one-time thing. If I were to buy tickets off there all the time, I would feel like I am getting screwed....

bczar
Dec 26th 2006, 2:25 pm
If you only come into town once a year and don't like to "shop around" scalpers in the Wrigleyville area prior to a game than brokers aren't too bad. There's a chance later in the season, I may put up a few more games for face. Right now everything except the games I am offering here, are spoken for already. I just wanted to give some peeps a chance to get some tickets for face since they go fast, ticketmaster gauges, and the VWR sucks.

#1CUBSFANINCANADA
Dec 26th 2006, 3:52 pm
I'm very interested in your ticket proposal...I made another thread about it so go check it out, Thanks ALOT.

GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bczar
Dec 26th 2006, 5:04 pm
#1, check your PM. I sent the details.

bigft68
Dec 26th 2006, 10:53 pm
Hey bc,
Could you give me some information about the tickets you have left. Dates and prices etc. thanks

bczar
Dec 27th 2006, 7:52 am
bigft, I PM'd you the info. Thanks

ryno4ever
Dec 28th 2006, 2:12 am
I got totally burned by the Cubs last year, I making them prove to me that they are worthy of my money from now on. :D

I'm glad I am not the only one who thought that. I went to two games within a week of each other last year... one the Marlins, one the Pirates, both were Angel Guzman starts...UGH.... both were blowouts... and both were a complete waste of my time and money. I, too, vowed not to spend any more money on them until they prove to me that they are worth the money I spend. I do have to admit, they seem to be trying this year... so I may go to a game or two. I'll wait until Spring Training has started to see...

roenick99
Dec 28th 2006, 8:28 am
[QUOTE=roenick99;4948]I got totally burned by the Cubs last year, I making them prove to me that they are worthy of my money from now on. :D/QUOTE]

I'm glad I am not the only one who thought that. I went to two games within a week of each other last year... one the Marlins, one the Pirates, both were Angel Guzman starts...UGH.... both were blowouts... and both were a complete waste of my time and money. I, too, vowed not to spend any more money on them until they prove to me that they are worth the money I spend. I do have to admit, they seem to be trying this year... so I may go to a game or two. I'll wait until Spring Training has started to see...

I actually went to two games within a week last year too. One was the one I mentioned against the Brewers and I think that had Rusch starting and the other was in St. Louis (where I live) the next week and it was Jerome Williams getting knocked out in the first inning by the Cards. To put it into context for you, the Cubs ONLY lost 1 or 2 games to the Cards in the first several series they played and I got to see one of them!! Woo Hoo! I had tickets to a Cubs/Cards game later in the year and LUCKILY had to move that weekend and gave the tickets away. The Cubs lost that one two, of course, so I didn't miss anything. They do seem to be making an effort this year, but I am still a little leary. I definitely will not be making any games before the all-star break unless someone gives me the tickets. HA I am not ruling out charity! :D

roenick99
Dec 28th 2006, 8:35 am
Sorry, my bad the Brewers game was after the Cards game. Either way, they both sucked...

HOLYCOW!25
Dec 28th 2006, 9:49 am
I went to one game last year, and it was the game were Maddux went 5-0, so it was pretty sweet. I'm hoping to go to more games this year, especially cause I just found out that the kid who sits next to me in one of m classes has season tickets. He's a pretty cool kid too, so I'm tryin to get some tickets outta him. But I jsut don't wanna seem like I'm using him for tickets, cause that could end up bad.

bczar
Dec 31st 2006, 1:20 am
FYI for all who've inquired....

6/2 against the Braves is no longer available.

Brutus T Manstrength
Dec 31st 2006, 1:55 am
To hell with it! If he's got season tickets, use him! Take him for all he's worth!

bczar
Feb 2nd 2007, 9:28 pm
Just wanted to give an FYI update for all that got tickets from me. The season tickets have been upgraded by the Cubs and moved 5 rows closer. Don't know why, but I won't complain.

Hartenbower34
Feb 3rd 2007, 9:59 am
Hey do you still have any tickets available?

bczar
Feb 3rd 2007, 8:49 pm
No, I don't have anymore that I am selling right now. They went pretty quickly. Maybe later in the season I'll give up a few more games for face.

bczar
Mar 16th 2007, 11:22 pm
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give an update for all that bought tickets from me. I received my tickets today. If you sent me a check for your tickets they will be in the mail mail tomorrow. I hope you all enjoy the game. We're all hoping for a great season!!! Thanks you guys and gals.