PDA

View Full Version : Steeler's Cowher retires

scuba
Jan 5th 2007, 2:33 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2721349

Kind of surprising to me. I know he wants to spend more time with his family, but this whole retiring thing seemed to come up pretty fast. I don't think he really talked about it in the past or gave any hint of wanting to, but I could be wrong. It will be weird to not see him and his chin roaming the sidelines. Must be nice to retire at 49. :)

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Jan 5th 2007, 2:38 pm
I expect to see him back. I don't think he will be able to stay away.

Webgem
Jan 5th 2007, 2:39 pm
Excellent coach....Steeler fans will miss him.

scuba
Jan 5th 2007, 2:41 pm
Yeah, sheff, I expect him back at some point too. There's even speculation he could go to the 'Phins since Saban left.

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Jan 5th 2007, 2:45 pm
Yeah, sheff, I expect him back at some point too. There's even speculation he could go to the 'Phins since Saban left.

That would be terrible for the Bears, 'Phins always seem to have their number I couldn't even imagine what a hard time they would have with Cowher there also.

DLee25
Jan 5th 2007, 2:49 pm
I expected this since the first game in the season.

He needed a break but I think he will come back to coaching sometime within the next few years?

Maybe at a college of some sort?

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Jan 5th 2007, 2:56 pm
I expected this since the first game in the season.

He needed a break but I think he will come back to coaching sometime within the next few years?

Maybe at a college of some sort?

I can see him returning in the next few years but I think he is to much of a high dollar coach to be at the college level.

HOLYCOW!25
Jan 5th 2007, 3:11 pm
Yea he might be back, but if not, I'll always miss his chin.

Webgem
Jan 5th 2007, 3:28 pm
Cowher and Brenly could be twins...:D :D

diehardnorthsider
Jan 5th 2007, 9:18 pm
Cowher and Brenly could be twins...:D :D

LOL!!! They are except Cowher's chin is a tad bit larger than Bob's!!:)

Cowher will be back, hopefully on the Dolphins sideline!!!:D

bczar
Jan 6th 2007, 3:36 pm
Yea he might be back, but if not, I'll always miss his chin.

I won't miss seeing him spit all over the officials when he yells at them or the players. :rolleyes:

diehardnorthsider
Jan 6th 2007, 4:30 pm
Does anyone remember Sgt. Slaughter, the old WWE wrestler??? Bill Cowher reminds me of him too.

scuba
Jan 8th 2007, 9:25 am
Does anyone remember Sgt. Slaughter, the old WWE wrestler??? Bill Cowher reminds me of him too.

LOL! :D That's when wrestling was actually fun to watch. The Ultimate Warrior was my favorite!

diehardnorthsider
Jan 8th 2007, 3:46 pm
LOL! :D That's when wrestling was actually fun to watch. The Ultimate Warrior was my favorite!

It just isn't as good anymore, I miss the days of Roddy Piper, Hulk Hogan, and The Ultimate Warrior. Hogan could take that John Cena punk anyday day of the week, twice on Sunday!!!