PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl 41: Bears or Colts???

Jason
Jan 21st 2007, 10:24 pm
Bears smoked the Saints... Colts win a helluva game against the Patriots.

So who wins? Colts or Bears?

I am a huge Bears fan but... Colts win 27-13.

Your opinion?

ryno4ever
Jan 21st 2007, 10:45 pm
If the Bears play AS A TEAM like they did today, Bears over Colts 27-24

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Jan 21st 2007, 11:29 pm
I will continue to believe that good defense wins the Super Bowl. If the great bears D shows up in two weeks that was on the field today and Rex takes care of the ball Bears win this game but it will be a nail biter decided in the last 2 minutes of the game.

diehardnorthsider
Jan 22nd 2007, 1:13 am
It's a toss up. It will be a close game, too close to call.

Al Spanglers ghost
Jan 22nd 2007, 10:25 am
Da Bears 30 colts 24

HOLYCOW!25
Jan 22nd 2007, 11:33 am
I hope the Bears win, but after watching the Colts game last night, which was absolutly ridiculous, they'll definetly be a tough team to beat.

sorianoforpres
Jan 22nd 2007, 4:48 pm
Bears will pull it off if the D does a great job and Jones can be dominant on the ground.

DLee25
Jan 22nd 2007, 5:20 pm
bears in a close one my friends

Webgem
Jan 22nd 2007, 5:51 pm
I'm not going against Da Bears...no way....:D :D

Ivy Killa
Jan 22nd 2007, 5:55 pm
Congratulations to all you Bears fans.......but after seeing the Patriots forget what defense was all about....i think i'll be sitting this super bowl out.

Al Spanglers ghost
Jan 22nd 2007, 6:16 pm
DA BEARS

da bears

VanMan
Jan 22nd 2007, 8:44 pm
I think we might have seen the best of the Colts' defense, especially against the run, in the three playoff games. Jones and Benson will run all over the Colts, allowing Grossman to relax and throw a few nice bombs to Moose, Dez and Berrian. Bears 38, Colts 10.

Jason
Jan 24th 2007, 3:17 am
I think we might have seen the best of the Colts' defense, especially against the run, in the three playoff games. Jones and Benson will run all over the Colts, allowing Grossman to relax and throw a few nice bombs to Moose, Dez and Berrian. Bears 38, Colts 10.

38 - 10???

Wow, you are really going out on a limb there. I do not see that happening.

Colts offense scoring 10... I don't see it... especially without Tommie Harris on the other side of the ball.

I would love to see the Bears win but... Bears winning by 28? Whoa.

Brutus T Manstrength
Jan 24th 2007, 7:40 am
I think if the colts can stop Larry Johnson, they can stop benson and jones..

VanMan
Jan 24th 2007, 3:46 pm
I don't think so, Brutus. The Colts expended so much to prove everyone wrong on all sides of the ball during this year's playoffs (they can't stop the run, Peyton can't win the big one, etc.) that the Bears will catch the Colts in some weaknesses, and the front four and Urlacher will have some rendezvouses (or however you'd pluralize rendezvous) where they'd all meet where No. 18 in royal blue is located. I'm sticking by it, 38-10.

Al Spanglers ghost
Jan 24th 2007, 4:25 pm
I think if the colts can stop Larry Johnson, they can stop benson and jones..

Yeah,but for most of the season the Colts run defense couldn't of stopped
Lyndon Baines Johnson,and he's been dead for almost 34 years!!!

VanMan
Jan 24th 2007, 6:19 pm
Yeah,but for most of the season the Colts run defense couldn't of stopped
Lyndon Baines Johnson,and he's been dead for almost 34 years!!!
That is a good one there, Al. How about Andrew Johnson, the first president that was impeached in the late 1860s?

Al Spanglers ghost
Jan 24th 2007, 6:23 pm
That is a good one there, Al. How about Andrew Johnson, the first president that was impeached in the late 1860s?

I think he was a Tight end!!

Brutus T Manstrength
Jan 24th 2007, 6:39 pm
Most of the season doesn't matter when you're in the playoffs. They've played stellar when they needed to.. I don't care if they gave up 500 yards rushing all season if in the last two combined they haven't let up 100. It's the last 2 that matter the most.

scuba
Jan 24th 2007, 7:14 pm
Gotta stick with my Bears. They won't have home-field advantage, but seeing as how they are pretty big underdogs and everyone is picking against them, I see them coming out with something to prove.

Bears 31, Colts 24

VanMan
Jan 24th 2007, 8:42 pm
Here's the thing between the two Bears' Super Bowl teams: In '85, the Bears were the dominant team in the NFL. They would've been 19-0 if they had played better in Miami on MNF. They had the league's best defense by a mile, and the offense was not too bad either. This year's team at one point had a defense that might have rivaled the '85 team, but lost two key players to injury. The offense is hit or miss, but the special team is the best in the league, with Devon Hester returning and Robbie "Solid" Gould kicking field goals. Despite everything wrong with the Bears, I think the Colts have too many weaknesses when the Bears have the ball.

Brutus T Manstrength
Jan 24th 2007, 9:35 pm
I'm just trying to keep it realistic here.. I mean, to say that the bears win in a route is pretty much a longshot. The colts have a rediculous offense.. at least scuba is giving them a realistic score.. the colts will score at LEAST 24.

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Jan 25th 2007, 5:56 am
Don't forget two games ago they couldn't even get the ball in the endzone. Fieldgoals is all that won that game for them so to say they only put up 10 against a great bears defense isn't that far of a longshot.

Brutus T Manstrength
Jan 25th 2007, 7:45 am
You want to bet that Peyton has 2 bad games out of three? You go for it. That colts offense, do recall, also put up 32 in the second half of last game. It's tenacious.

Al Spanglers ghost
Jan 25th 2007, 9:13 am
I'm just trying to keep it realistic here.. I mean, to say that the bears win in a route is pretty much a longshot. The colts have a rediculous offense.. at least scuba is giving them a realistic score.. the colts will score at LEAST 24.

How many people do you think thought BEARS 39-SAINTS 14 was a realistic
score before last Sunday?:rolleyes:

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Jan 25th 2007, 9:39 am
You want to bet that Peyton has 2 bad games out of three? You go for it. That colts offense, do recall, also put up 32 in the second half of last game. It's tenacious.

I was making my point because you were the one that made the point that the last two games is what mattered the most and you are wanting to disqualify the chances of a big win for the Bears but however if you use the theory of the last two games you have to add in that the Colts couldn't even score a touchdown. Am I sitting here thinking the Colts can't score 45? Not by any means. But I am not sitting here thinking the Bears will not be able to shutdown the Colts offense when they just shut down the #1 Offense and by no means am I counting out the possibility of Rex throwing 4 interceptions. But as I said in another post if the Bears defense that played the Saints shows up against Manning and company it could very well be a long day for the Colts.

Brutus T Manstrength
Jan 25th 2007, 5:33 pm
Scores have a tendency to get out of hand i.e. 39-14 when teams are trying to come back. That game wasn't necessarily close, but it wasn't a blowout. I'm not saying the bears WON'T win, I'm just saying that it's going to be hard if Peyton decides to rise up to the challenge, which is a challenge he hasn't had the pleasure of quite yet. I'm just playing the Devil's Advocate here... I mean, don't go all balls out against the colts when there's a good chance they can dominate on defense as much as they do on offense. And for the record: You can win a game without ever having put the ball in the endzone. The Ravens have a fabulous defense; better than the Bears, but they still lost because their faulty offense couldn't move the ball. Let's not kid ourselves.. the Bears have a faulty offense.

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Jan 26th 2007, 6:16 am
C ount
O n
L osing
T he
S uperbowl

Enough Said

bringbacktuffy
Jan 27th 2007, 1:37 pm
The thing about the colts stopping larry johnson is this, they loaded up against the run because trent green, well, sucks. Bob Sanders is arguably the best safety in the NFL and the Chiefs didnt have much in the way of deep threats like say Muhammed and Berrian. Also against a tough, opportunistic D like the Bears, I think their rookie Addai to cough up the football at least once giving Rex a chance to score. Im gonna say Bears 24-21. Unless Peyton turns it into a shootout early forcing Rex to throw the ball. If thats the case then it will get ugly for the bears. Rex throws a beautiful deep ball but struggles in the middle of the field. The colts pass D is pretty good. This really could go either way.

champsx5
Feb 1st 2007, 7:00 am
Manning is a great QB. The Bears have a great D. I think Manning will get some yards, but the Bears D needs to force at least 3 turnovers. Of course the Bears need to play turnover free. The Colts defense has played very well in their 3 post season games. I don't think the Colts will be able to mount an effective running game. I do believe the Bears will be able to run against the Colts. So with the offenses being able to do what they do best...the Colts passing attack and the Bears running attack, the game may just come down to special teams. Hester, Maynard and Gould are the keys. I just pray that Hester catches the ball cleanly.

Waveland007
Feb 2nd 2007, 6:26 am
I think the Colts win a very close game and it may come down to Vinatieri for yet another SuperBowl. Regardless of who wins I'll be happy because I respect both teams. Me personally I'm a Buccaneer fan so my team has tighs to both, Lovie came from the Bucs and so did Dungy. We are like the birth place for coaches lately lol. Dungy, Lovie, Tomlin, Marinelli, and Herm Edwards are all tied and got there start with us lol.

scuba
Feb 3rd 2007, 10:09 am
Too bad the Bucs are struggling so much, wave. I like "Chucky", but maybe keeping one of the other guys you mentioned would have been better.