PDA

View Full Version : He's back!!!!

HOLYCOW!25
Feb 2nd 2007, 11:54 pm
Favre's comin back! Wooh! Let's watch him have another sub par season! (I'm obvioulsy not really excited)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2752040

Sheffield_&_Waveland
Feb 3rd 2007, 12:29 am
This is a real big surprise to me. I really thought he would be done after this season becasue he has definatly slowed down and faced some minor injuries this season. But no matter the rivaly between Chicago and Greenbay I have a high level of respect for this guy because he has always played the game with heart and will continue to do so.

dundeecub
Feb 3rd 2007, 1:29 am
His interview after his supposed "last game" this season was hilarious, my maw's even more bemused by american football having seen one of its leading lights crying about how "great its all been". Genius.

diehardnorthsider
Feb 3rd 2007, 1:32 am
How many INT's is he going to throw this year??? I respect the guy and he was a great QB but he needs to hang it up, the Pack have no shot at the Superbowl let alone the playoffs so it's not like he is going to get another ring.

Brutus T Manstrength
Feb 3rd 2007, 7:19 am
I don't know.. he didn't have that bad of a season.. I mean, I don't have the numbers in front of me.. but I mean, didn't a certain Superbowl quarterback throw more INT's this year than Favre? I suppose it wouldn't surprise me either way.. The guy's a stud, and this year, he'll break some records..

diehardnorthsider
Feb 3rd 2007, 4:17 pm
I don't know.. he didn't have that bad of a season.. I mean, I don't have the numbers in front of me.. but I mean, didn't a certain Superbowl quarterback throw more INT's this year than Favre? I suppose it wouldn't surprise me either way.. The guy's a stud, and this year, he'll break some records..

LOL!!! Are you refering to "Sexy Rexy"?:) :)

Brutus T Manstrength
Feb 3rd 2007, 6:46 pm
Haha.. I'll give you a hint: It's not Peyton, Griese, Peyton's backup, or Orton.

diehardnorthsider
Feb 4th 2007, 11:17 pm
We sure got our fill of Brett Favre commercials during the Superbowl.

Ivy Killa
Feb 5th 2007, 12:38 am
How many INT's is he going to throw this year??? I respect the guy and he was a great QB but he needs to hang it up, the Pack have no shot at the Superbowl let alone the playoffs so it's not like he is going to get another ring.

What are you talking about? Let me make this clear...i could give a **** less about Favre, but my wife is a huge Green Bay fan so i got to see the Packers plenty of times this season and he didnt do so bad. Sure he had alot of interceptions and they started out slow. But they really turned it on at the end of the season and finished 8 - 8 the only reason they didnt get into the playoffs is because that scenario called for the Vikings to win their last game....which the assholes didnt, forcing the Packers to go home even after they done the impossible and beat the Bears...This guy has got some football left in him and dont be surprised if they make the playoffs next year. He's got a good nucleus surrounding him and Donald Driver and AJ Hawk might turn out to be superstars....alot of people were comparing Hawk to Urlacher so who knows.....

cubbie_kern
Feb 5th 2007, 3:40 pm
farve is still better than half the starting qbs in the nfl. he just doesn't have much to work with.

Bockstock
Feb 6th 2007, 11:11 am
I could see the Packers going out over the off-season and picking up alot of talent just to put together one last run with Favre. If they pick up another running back like Micheal Turner and upgrade a spot or two on the OL, they could have a pretty potent offense.

diehardnorthsider
Feb 6th 2007, 5:59 pm
I could see the Packers going out over the off-season and picking up alot of talent just to put together one last run with Favre. If they pick up another running back like Micheal Turner and upgrade a spot or two on the OL, they could have a pretty potent offense.

I do too. There is a rumor floating around that Brett wants Randy Moss to come to Green Bay. If that happens they will have a good offense with Favre, D. Driver, A.Green, K. Robinson, and Moss.

Ivy Killa
Feb 7th 2007, 12:50 am
There is a rumor floating around that Brett wants Randy Moss to come to Green Bay.

Lol is there really, do you have a link or anything? Would it even be worth bringing Moss to Green Bay....seems like he had a ****ty season...or is that being chalked up as due to an injury.

Ivy Killa
Feb 7th 2007, 12:57 am
nvm i found it.....that would be funny if that happened, remember this is the guy that "mooned" the fans at lambeau field.

Randy Moss probably won't play another game with the Oakland Raiders. The latest reports have Moss getting into a verbal fight with new head coach Lane Kiffin.

Its rumored that the Raiders are looking for a 3rd rounder and a veteran receiver for Moss.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported that Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre has asked the team to consider acquiring Moss.

If a Moss to Green Bay trade becomes a reality it could shake up the first round. The Raiders would give more consideration to selecting Calvin Johnson with the first pick and the Packers would be unlikely to draft a receiver high with Moss, Donald Driver, and Greg Jennings leading their receiving corp.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/...-for-moss.html[/COLOR]

cubbie_kern
Feb 8th 2007, 1:35 am
hmmm interesting...

scuba
Feb 8th 2007, 11:29 am
Wow. I know Moss is a great talent, but I'm surprised a guy like Favre would want somebody like Moss on the team. Maybe he's giving T.O. a call too! :p

Ivy Killa
Feb 8th 2007, 12:24 pm
Yea no ****, I just wonder if Moss still has anything left.