PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Ticket Question

SBUC
Feb 5th 2007, 6:42 pm
I have a question for anyone that would be willing to offer some good advice. All of the Cubs games I have attended at Wrigley were with family and tickets given as gifts. This year however, I'm looking to pick up some tickets on my own. My question is basically, Is it even worth it to try and buy tickets online coming up when single game tickets go on sale? If I do go that route, what can I expect? If anyone knows of any other ways to get tickets without shelling out tons and tons of cash, let me know. Thanks for any help I can get.

ryno4ever
Feb 5th 2007, 9:22 pm
There are a number of sites that you can go to.... depends on how much time and money you are willing to invest in it. I can't really take a day off work to sit at my computer and have the virtual waiting rooms take up most of my day just waiting. So, if you know when you want to go, you can go to sites like stubhub.com, tickets.com, or just type in "chicago cubs tickets" into a search engine and it will give you lots of places that sell tickets. I usually get most of my tickets on ebay. Last year, I got 4 tickets (2 each for 2 different games) for $.99 for each game (yep, about 50 cents a ticket). Granted, it was last year and some people had a hard time trying to give their tickets away... On the other hand, I spent over $200 for 4 tickets for one game in 2004. Ebay is a hit and miss type deal. I think trying to get actual tickets from the Cubs this year may be like trying to get them back in 2004 when they sold out in a matter of a few hours. I did look on stubhub.com and there was quite a selection for just about every game already available, but they were a little above face value.

HOLYCOW!25
Feb 5th 2007, 10:20 pm
Yea I got opening day tickets off Stubhub, and it was about $150 each for right under the upper deck. Luckily it's 2nd row so I should still have a good veiw and not too much of the roof over my head. Can't wait till we get them, which will be like the beginning of April.

WrigleyFielder
Feb 6th 2007, 4:04 pm
I get mine off of Stubhub

Webgem
Feb 6th 2007, 5:48 pm
It is worth the time if you can have access to a computer all day. The last couple of years I've purchased my on-line through the VWR and saved a lot of money.

scuba
Feb 8th 2007, 12:13 am
I agree with gem. The VWR is the way to go if you have the time to spend there. I've had great luck getting tickets the last couple years. If this isn't an option, check out the "CUBS Tickets" link towards the top of fogpog here.

ChiCubs1984
Feb 8th 2007, 7:25 am
I never really had much trouble getting tickets at Wrigley on game day. Me and my wife went to a night game against the Mets in '03 and I asked for terrace box and they gave us "obstructed view" which we thought oh crap but only thing that obstructed us was the Mets 1st baseman and a bunch of tall guys infront of my wife that is short..lol

ryno4ever
Feb 8th 2007, 11:15 pm
I think the Cubs know they will make more money when they announce that the tickets get sold out in a matter of hours... makes people more willing to pay more for tickets out of desperation when the a lot of the tickets are sold to the various ticket agencies under their control. I can remember this being a huge legal matter a few years ago.

WrigleyFielder
Feb 9th 2007, 11:10 am
I'm still too much of a chicken to try getting tickets at Wrigley because that's a 90 minute trip wasted for me if they don't.

I'm gonna try the VWR to get a pair of bleacher seats hopefully I get em.