PDA

View Full Version : BEARS T.JONES A JET!!

TRIPLE PLAY
Mar 5th 2007, 6:25 pm
running back T.jones traded to JETS for 2nd round lateral pick,depending if his agent can sign him to a long term contract! details to iron out later today-ladies & gents we lost our running game!!:eek:

Webgem
Mar 5th 2007, 6:45 pm
Jones wanted out and now briggs does as well.

DLee25
Mar 5th 2007, 7:26 pm
wow. i am speechless.

bigpapaQ.
Mar 5th 2007, 7:26 pm
I thought they would have gotten more than a second round pick for Jones, but at 37, they can pick up a second O-lineman.

TRIPLE PLAY
Mar 5th 2007, 7:37 pm
i guess by mid-day tommorrow if a "long term deal" isn't reached than it's null & void,till next bait is exposed! BRIGGS wants franchise tag removed so he can be audi also-

DLee25
Mar 5th 2007, 8:09 pm
It's kind of like the deal with Allen Iverson, except Briggs is being more of a d***

BigZ38
Mar 5th 2007, 8:33 pm
I think the Bears are in for a world of hurt next year. I still think they'll win the NFC north but the way they're handling things this offseason I don't no if they can get past the Saints or even a team out of the East.

DLee25
Mar 5th 2007, 8:45 pm
They are idiots for letting Rivera go. Complete idiots.

Webgem
Mar 5th 2007, 8:51 pm
Peterson isn't a bad back either. A Benson/Peterson combo doesn't sound all that bad. What's going to hurt the Bears is losing Briggs and possibly Brown.

TRIPLE PLAY
Mar 5th 2007, 11:01 pm
Peterson isn't a bad back either. A Benson/Peterson combo doesn't sound all that bad. What's going to hurt the Bears is losing Briggs and possibly Brown.
AMEN !! but you know.........hell it's b-ball time,chalk up boyz 'o summer!:rolleyes:

Al Spanglers ghost
Mar 6th 2007, 8:32 am
Jones and a 2nd round pick for the Jets 2nd round pick.
Are you F**kin' kidding me?
This same thing happened after the Bears won it all in 1985,they should have gone to the Superbowl for several years,but they started lossing coachs,and key players from that team.It looks to me like history is repeating itself!

Bockstock
Mar 6th 2007, 9:28 am
I don't like the trade, I agree we should have gotten a straight up second round pick, but running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. Plus, look who Jone's agent is. He would have been gone after next year anyway.

I am going to go on out on a limb and say based on the last couple drafts I don't think Angelo will have a hard time picking up great talent at those picks. The Bears had the best rookie class last year(maybe tied with the Saints) and didn't even have a pick until the mid to late second round.

champsx5
Mar 6th 2007, 10:13 am
Isn't Jones worth more than a second round pick? And why do the Bears have to tread Jones AND a second round pick? It's utterly stupid. Having duel running backs was the strength of the Bears offense last year. By the end of the year, the Bears were gaining 150-200 yards per game on the ground.

I do know that Bensen wasn't happy being second to Jones and it just seemed that Bensen would rather be the man on a losing team than part of a great duo on a winning team.

CubsFan23
Mar 6th 2007, 10:26 am
Pisses me off just thinking about it. But I got the CUBS to take my mind off it for now.

bigpapaQ.
Mar 6th 2007, 2:42 pm
I'm torn the more I think about this. There is no way that Jones and Benson could both be happy sharing the backfield next year, so we were going to have to move Jones. In essence, we traded Jones to move up about 25 or 30 spots in the second round. I don't really think it's worth Jones, but I wonder what other offers were on the table.

Webgem
Mar 6th 2007, 6:17 pm
AMEN !! but you know.........hell it's b-ball time,chalk up boyz 'o summer!:rolleyes:

AGREED!!!!....:D :D