fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Brett Favre (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=4628)

SKIPPER 11 Jul 30th 2008 8:26 pm

Brett Favre

Where will Favre wind up?

1. Minnessota

2. Tampa

3. Jets

4. holding a clip board backing up Rodgers

5. Starting for the Pack by week 4

6. OTHER

7. RETIRED

BigZ38 Jul 30th 2008 8:40 pm

I'M SO SICK OF HEARING ABOUT B**** F****!?!?!?!?!? EVERY 5 MINUTES ON ESPN IT'S A B**** F**** UPDATE......STAY IN MISSISSIPPI FOR GOD'S SAKE!

diehardnorthsider Jul 30th 2008 9:51 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigZ38 (Post 61163)
I'M SO SICK OF HEARING ABOUT B**** F****!?!?!?!?!? EVERY 5 MINUTES ON ESPN IT'S A B**** F**** UPDATE......STAY IN MISSISSIPPI FOR GOD'S SAKE!

I second that. How many times has he pulled this crap anyways.

Madden King Aug 3rd 2008 10:48 am

Well, the soap opera continues... :rolleyes:

Quote:

Favre to be reinstated, report to Packers Monday

16 minutes ago

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—Brett Favre will be reinstated and added to the Green Bay Packers’ active roster Monday.

The NFL announced the move Sunday. Commissioner Roger Goodell had held off on granting Favre’s request for reinstatement for nearly a week. He hoped Favre and the team could resolve their standoff. By reinstating Favre, Goodell is following through on a recent promise to force action.

The reinstatement will become effective at noon on Monday.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

ChiCubs1984 Aug 3rd 2008 7:28 pm

Ya know they said they will have a open competition for the starting QB job. I say B.S. Aaron Rodgers is getting screwed there is no way Favre is going to be 2nd banana.

Cubbies10 Aug 4th 2008 7:48 am

The packers are a complete Joke. Aaron Rodgers must be pissed, he was promosied the starting job and now the Packers are saying it will be a open competition which lets be honest means that Brett Favre is again GB QB. No way they can sit him while they play Rodgers, there just not man enought to come out and say it. Rodgers has huge potential but is being completely wasted in GB, he should ask for a traed, Favre is likely to be in GB for 2 years minimum.

Got to feel sorry for Rodgers.

ChiCubs1984 Aug 4th 2008 1:44 pm

Oh I feel for the guy. What a load of crap. What does he need to prove?? he won't win another Super Bowl, whats it going to take someone to knock his block off? I know if I was Rodgers I would demand to be traded. Favre should be booed his ass off. I hope he gets that in every stadium he plays in this year. However Packer fans being what they are "oh Brett we love you" THANK GOD I am a Bears fan.

Cubbies10 Aug 4th 2008 2:02 pm

Did you see his plane landing in GB last night? they showed it as part of the HOF game and there were loads of packers fans with Favre signs and everything, welcoming him back like the messiah. The packers are a young team, they have the potential to build something special and it has to start from the QB spot, this season was a great time to bring in Rodgers and now they have Favre and will have to change it all around.

Rodgers was selected in 2005 for gods sake, he should of been playing in 06, deffinately should of been playing in 07 and if he doesn't play in 08 as a starter then questions have to be asked, were not talking about your average QB here was:

Insight Bowl MVP offensive player
Cal Co-Offensive MVP
First team all pac 10
Homourable mention all american.

I would gladly take him as a Jets fan.

Cubbies10 Aug 4th 2008 2:05 pm

Rodgers is only signed to 2010 so if favre stays for the 2 years remaining on his contract, GB in 2010 could find themselves without any QB's.

SKIPPER 11 Aug 4th 2008 8:56 pm

With McCarthey holding his presser tomorrow instead of tonight makes me think there were problems during the meeting. I cant believe they would offer him 20 million to not play and then just give him the job. NFL analysts seem to think that it will be Favres job. I disagree. I think they are waiting for a QB to get hurt from another team, so they will have some leverage, and then unload Favre on them. Favre is a great, great player- but what he did this year was wrong.