fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   Rival Central (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sabathia success from a Cubs fan (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=4753)

SKIPPER 11 Aug 14th 2008 2:13 pm

Sabathia success from a Cubs fan

I ,for one ,hope he keeps winning. Its only 1 out of every 5 games that he pitches so to me the more he wins= the more money he is going to make on his next contract. He will likely price himself right out of the mid level market of the Crew- which is good. He most likely wouldnt have resigned with them anyway, but the more success he has with them makes me wonder. Since coming over from Cleveland he has been far and away the best P in baseball. He is going to command Santana type money at the end of the season. The type of dough that one would think the high rollers could only pay for. Even if the Brewers do resign him, the odds of them attaining Sheets would be slim to none. Hopefully they will lose both.

SKIPPER 11 Aug 14th 2008 4:59 pm

Hey I just noticed they lost today. I predicted a 2-1 score in this one, earlier in the week. I wasnt far off. It looks as if both Sheets and Peavy lived up to the billing in this one.

mikeyt34 Aug 15th 2008 6:57 am

The Brewers may get Sheets signed if the bidding stays in the 4yr/15 Million per area, but there's no way they will get CC signed, looking at 8yr/140 Million. Good news is they won't get both, that's a lock.

SKIPPER 11 Aug 15th 2008 11:16 am

I am hoping they lose both of them. Im not sure Sheets wants to be there and CC will command too much money. If they keep one they will still be in very good shape with Parra and Gallardo.

ICcubfan Aug 15th 2008 12:15 pm

I would like to see fat boy in a Cub uni next year-

SKIPPER 11 Aug 15th 2008 3:25 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICcubfan (Post 63017)
I would like to see fat boy in a Cub uni next year-

It would be nice, but we have a lot of our own that needs to be tended too. Im not saying I wouldnt want him or that any of our pitchers are better, but if we were to sign him I dont think Dempster would be here which is purely a business decision. If it came down to having him or Demps- I would choose him everytime. I know that it is very hard to say and will be very hard to do but Demps is going to get 13 mill a year more than likely- maybe more. CC will want a longer contract and probably 18-20 a yr.

ICcubfan Aug 18th 2008 12:07 pm

If Mark Cuban buys the Cubs I think he will try and sign Dempster and CC- I guess it depends on what happens this year but I would expect Cuban to go for i. DLee and ARam are not getting any younger and Soriano's legs are not going to hold up forever.

ICcubfan Dec 10th 2008 8:46 am

Yankees get Sabathia 6 years 140 Million according to the score am 670-

thisistheday Dec 10th 2008 10:38 am

According to MLB.com it's gonna be seven years.

ryno4ever Dec 10th 2008 10:12 pm

good for him, but I would be very very wary of that kind of contract.... he was close to being overused last season by the Brewers, especially at the end of the season. With that kind of contract, you know the Yanks are going to expect very big things out of him, and I would wonder if his arm can give them what they want for that long!