fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   Rival Central (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hank Steinbrenner needs a nap (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=4144)

bigpapaQ. Jun 17th 2008 2:54 pm

Hank Steinbrenner needs a nap

I've been stewing over this all day (I really need to stop stewing and start working) but just can't understand Hank Steinbrenner at all. It's no surprise at all that this guy has a short fuse and just says whatever comes to his mind, but does he really blame the National League for one of his guys not being able to run a base without hurting himself?

I really think this is on a different level than Ozzie and his rants. Ozzie's are off topic, passionate feelings... and idiotic. Hanks seem to come from a total sense of entitlement and surprise that everyone doesn't fold to his whim. With Bonds gone he is quickly becoming the "bad guy" in baseball that I'm cheering against.

Rat Jun 17th 2008 3:44 pm

BPQ...do you have a link to that story?
I've been firing off e-mails to my brother in law, a White Sox fan, on how the AL are pansies for not having their pitchers swing a bat. Geez, Big Z has a better batting average than half the Sox!
This would be a wonderful link to send him to re-enforce my disdain for the Sox as well as the A.L.

i saw the injury, I guess it ranks up there with a freak injury, but what does Steinbrenner want? Scooters for their players??

Rat Jun 17th 2008 3:58 pm

Disregard last post. Googled it...loads of stories!

Mobility Scooters for all AL pitchers. Heaven forbid if they are to run and back up home plate.

thisistheday Jun 19th 2008 9:28 am

It sucks that Wang got hurt (especially if he was on your fantasy team. Ugh.), but Steinbrenner is just being whiny and irrational. If he had made the statements he made in my presence, I would have smacked him across the face.

1908-2008 Jun 19th 2008 12:15 pm

There should be 9 offensive players and 9 defensive. I hate the DH.

NeifiPerezMVP2007 Jun 20th 2008 11:15 pm

I firmly believe that the DH is a tactic to make the AL look superior to the NL, because we all know there are some very big teams in the AL with large, national fan bases (Yankees and Red Sox) and they need a cheat to make their side look better.

The DH is not at all in baseballs best interest. People who love baseball, not just at the pro level, for the most part, hate the DH and the infield fly rule. That said, I will enjoy my team(s) playing baseball closer to the way it was intended when MLB started in 1903.

The AL sucks IMO. The game has been rigged in their favor for far too long.

I'm not kidding, the DH is a REALLY DUMB DUMB DUMB PRACTICE!

I would love to start a grass roots movement to end the DH, but its nice to see a lesser side to spit at. And half of MLB fans have their team in the AL.

NeifiPerezMVP2007 Jun 20th 2008 11:20 pm

Oh I forgot.

Hank "The ugly Tank" is a liar and a fraud. Hes not his dad, he never will be.

Joe Girardi is not Billy Martin, and he has a team full of over paid players (Jeter is one of the greatest players I've seen play BTW).

Like was said on PTI the other day, Hank is a poser. Nothing more.

Wow, he is a co-chairman of the Yankees, and he had it dropped in his silver lap. Thats hard work for ya, way to go!

NeifiPerezMVP2007 Jun 20th 2008 11:22 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisistheday (Post 54709)
It sucks that Wang got hurt (especially if he was on your fantasy team. Ugh.), but Steinbrenner is just being whiny and irrational. If he had made the statements he made in my presence, I would have smacked him across the face.

I would say it would clear up the ugly, but theres no chance.

The guy looks like a broken wheel barrow.

TRIPLE PLAY Jun 21st 2008 1:01 am

A DIRT NAP! no less

TRIPLE PLAY Jun 21st 2008 1:02 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rat (Post 54629)
Disregard last post. Googled it...loads of stories!

Mobility Scooters for all AL pitchers. Heaven forbid if they are to run and back up home plate.

FUKUDOME wants his avatar back!