fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   another suggestion.... (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=2206)

ryno4ever Jul 28th 2007 9:43 pm

another suggestion....

on a couple of other forums like this, I have seen a chat room type of box at the top of their page. It could come in handy during the games, as the game thread forum sometimes isn't set up...and there gets to be duplicate threads on the same topic. I'm not even quite sure what the official name of it is, but it is like a chat box where you can carry a conversation with the people on the board at the time.

SKIPPER 11 Jul 28th 2007 10:28 pm

that would be awesome

ARamfan Jul 29th 2007 7:05 pm

I agree, it's a great idea. Maybe Scuba can work that out for us.

scuba Jul 29th 2007 9:24 pm

I think it is a nice idea. My only concern would be that having a "chat room" type of feature kind of defeats the purpose of having a forum. I'll give it some thought and see if implementing one would work and be beneficial.

ryno4ever Jul 29th 2007 9:38 pm

I thought about that aspect as well, but I think we would still be posting about stuff--the chat room thing would be more for the ones on at the same time, instead of either constantly PMing each other or using the threads themselves to hold conversations. I think it is safe to say, that many of us on fogpog have become friends and the threads aren't the place to hold little conversations, as it clogs the threads.

Not everyone is on at the same time, so the normal stuff we post about, we would still use the forums....but, as in the example, the game threads are sometimes not set up in time for the game, and we bounce back and forth from the game threads to the other threads during the games. We could use the chat board more for the "OHHH NOOOO!" Ron Santo type of reactions! LOL

ARamfan Jul 29th 2007 10:34 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryno4ever (Post 26701)
I thought about that aspect as well, but I think we would still be posting about stuff--the chat room thing would be more for the ones on at the same time, instead of either constantly PMing each other or using the threads themselves to hold conversations. I think it is safe to say, that many of us on fogpog have become friends and the threads aren't the place to hold little conversations, as it clogs the threads.

Not everyone is on at the same time, so the normal stuff we post about, we would still use the forums....but, as in the example, the game threads are sometimes not set up in time for the game, and we bounce back and forth from the game threads to the other threads during the games. We could use the chat board more for the "OHHH NOOOO!" Ron Santo type of reactions! LOL

That's a great way to explain it, Heather. The little conversations do clog up the threads and keep us bouncing back and forth among threads, looking to see what others' reactions are to each play. And since we are Cubbie fans, a lot of us do get emotional during games and it helps to be able to express our Ron Santo type reactions. ;)

CubsFan23 Jul 30th 2007 10:41 am

I agree. I think it would be a great place to vent or cheer during the game. I know I would still post. The forums would still be used how else can we catch up on things if we are gone for a few days.

DLee25 Jul 30th 2007 10:54 am

Just think, after we win the World Series you wouldn't be able to keep up with what everyone was saying on that thing lol