fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Goodbye Fogpog ! (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=1460)

SkullKey Apr 24th 2007 1:08 pm

Goodbye Fogpog !

Well that's said with regrets - great regret.

I have no choice really; Fogpog is simply too slow to browse. Much, much, much too slow! For me page loads average 3 to 4 minutes - if they ever load ! It took me over an hour to get this post screen to pop up . Please understand I am not exaggerating one bit. I strongly suspect this issue is greatly hurts the recruitment of new "Poggers" too. They log-on, wait forever, and are gone for good. Who knows.

I love Fogpog; I have been a member from the very beginning. Please note that I have a "mere" 20-some posts. That numbers would likely be in the hundreds if up to me.

Now I find myself needing to find a suitable Cubs forum again (I WILL NOT patronize the "official" site).

(Will somebody please e-mail me if things improve ?)

Goodbye everybody - "sniff".

scuba Apr 24th 2007 1:22 pm

SkullKey, we have been experiencing a little slowness today for some reason. Things seem to be getting back to normal though. I'm sorry that you feel you have to leave, but this is not a common occurence. It may happen occassionally (like most sites), but there is not much we can do about it. Along with the rest of fogpog, I would enjoy it if you stayed, but that is up to. Although we were aware of the slowness today, thank you for the post about it. :)

HOLYCOW!25 Apr 24th 2007 4:04 pm

The site was slow for me yesterday, but normally it's fine for me.

Well sorry to see you leave. Hopefully iy'll get faster for you.

CUBScrazy22 Apr 24th 2007 4:20 pm

We'll miss you! I don't really know of any good Cubs forums besides this one, but hopefully we can pull off a great win tonight for a going away present.

VanMan Apr 24th 2007 5:02 pm

I experience off-and-on speed issues myself. Sometimes, it'll pop onto the page, sometimes it'll take about 15 minutes or so to load. I guess it's just like any Internet site.

DLee25 Sep 20th 2007 6:31 pm

I am not much of a complainer, but I am on a cable connection, I get on at school ( T1 I believe ) and i also get on with a dsl connection. All seem slower than normal when coming here.

I got on tonight and the whole left side loaded, and it took like 15 second to load the board part of it, I think it's the ad's to be honest, yeah I understand that you need to pay for hosting somehow, but if you need all of those ads to pay for it, then your getting ripped off. I guess I am just frustrated because it seems everyday we get new ads, I know thats not the case, but how long has that big block ad been at the bottom. Flash Ads slow websites down, I don't mind adsense at all, because it is a pretty good program in itself, and I have used it.

Sorry for the complaining
-Cubs will take the NLC...:)
I am not leaving the board!!!!! I just dont come here as much!!!
-DLee25

TRIPLE PLAY Sep 20th 2007 7:52 pm

When i 1st got a p.m. from f.pog,(while on "official site")i was ready to log off 4 ever...so i tried it & liked it. don't know exactly what servers etc...lingo whatever,but i'm DSL in N.W.INDIANA & i wait maybe the longest a minute or so and i can't complain...is this a old post? i just made hub location i guess.but digital isn't worth it to me,and i know there r alot outta state,outta city etc...i hate to lose any of ya,cause this site is troll,punks,agitator free! ya feel me?

scuba Sep 21st 2007 9:30 am

Hey Tyler. Sorry you are having a hard time with the site. I'm not sure what the problem would be on your end, but we have not experienced any of these issues or heard anything like this from other users since we switched to our new host. Things have been running very smooth on our end and although I don't post as much as I would like to anymore (very busy), I do check out the site everyday to make sure things are running good and keep up with the conversations going on.

As for the ads, I'm not sure what you mean by us seeming like we add ads every day. With the exception of the ad box we added a while ago to the bottom of pages (which were added there to not be intrusive to our users), the rest of the ads have been where they are since fogpog started. What ads we do have we have tried to implement in a way that is not intrusive, yet keep the ads beneficial to both the site and the users.

I would hate to see you leave fogpog, as you have been a good contributor to it pretty much from the beginning, but that's your call. Again, we have not experienced any issues on our end, but if you or anyone else experiences anymore issues, don't hesitate to let me know. Later. :)

DLee25 Sep 22nd 2007 9:12 am

I'm not leaving, this is a great site. Nothing like it. I am just saying what my feelings were that day. Thanks a lot Steve.

SkullKey Sep 27th 2007 12:41 am

" ..... Well that's said with regrets - great regret.

I have no choice really; Fogpog is simply too slow to browse. Much, much, much too slow! For me page loads average 3 to 4 minutes - if they ever load ! It took me over an hour to get this post screen to pop up . Please understand I am not exaggerating one bit. I strongly suspect this issue is greatly hurts the recruitment of new "Poggers" too. They log-on, wait forever, and are gone for good. Who knows.

I love Fogpog; I have been a member from the very beginning. Please note that I have a "mere" 20-some posts. That numbers would likely be in the hundreds if up to me.

Now I find myself needing to find a suitable Cubs forum again (I WILL NOT patronize the "official" site).

(Will somebody please e-mail me if things improve ?)

Goodbye everybody - "sniff". ..... "

Boy - what a whiney little twerp I was. I just couldn't stay away fortunately. FOGPOG still runs slow but 'what the heck' - it's worth waiting for.

I wish we had a few hundred more registered members.