fogpog

fogpog (http://www.fogpog.com/index.php)
-   The Bleachers (http://www.fogpog.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Opening Day...broadcast on WCIU (http://www.fogpog.com/showthread.php?t=6082)

ryno4ever Feb 4th 2010 10:55 pm

Opening Day...broadcast on WCIU

I am so livid right now. Opening Day at my house is a holiday. I take the day off work, my son gets to skip school as long as he is averaging a B, we get the grill out and no matter how cold it is, we cook the hot dogs on the grill... we have the cracker jacks, we dress in our Cubs gear and celebrate Opening Day together. WCIU, which I do not get on my channels, is getting to broadcast Opening Day this year.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/schedule...t.jsp?c_id=chc

I did read where ESPN may have picked up Opening Day, but there's still a chance of a blackout with ESPN, too.

I am so mad mad mad mad mad mad right now! UGHHHHHHHHHHH

ryno4ever Feb 4th 2010 11:04 pm

ESPN/ESPN2 games -
04/04: NYY/BOS (8:05, ESPN2, subject to blackout in NY and Boston)
04/05: STL/CIN (1:05, ESPN)
04/05: CLE/CHW (2:05, ESPN2)
04/05: CHC/ATL (4:05, ESPN)
04/05: SFG/HOU (7:05, ESPN2)
04/05: MIN/LAA (10:05, ESPN2)
04/11: STL/MIL (8:05, ESPN)
04/18: NYM/STL (8:05, ESPN)
04/25: ATL/NYM (8:05, ESPN)
05/02: NYM/PHI (8:05, ESPN)
05/09: NYY/BOS (8:05, ESPN)
05/16: PHI/MIL (8:05, ESPN)
05/23: NYY/NYM (8:05, ESPN)
05/30: TEX/MIN (8:05, ESPN2)
07/11: CHC/LAD (8:05, ESPN)
07/04: KCR/LAA (8:05, ESPN)
07/18: PHI/CHC (6:05, ESPN)

Fox

4/10 - Mariners at Rangers, Yankees at Rays, Cardinals at Brewers 3:10
4/17 - Giants at Dodgers, White Sox at Indians 4:10
5/1 - Astros at Braves, Rangers at Mariners, Mets at Phillies 3:10
5/8 - Braves at Phillies 3:10
5/15 - Astros at Giants, Mariners at Rays, Phillies at Brewers 4:10
5/22 - Red Sox at Phillies, Tigers at Dodgers, Cubs at Rangers, Yankees at Mets 7:10
5/29 - Rangers at Twins, 4:10
6/5 - Angels at Mariners, Marlins at Mets, Brewers at Cardinals 4:10
6/12 - Phillies at Red Sox 4:10
6/19 - Twins at Phillies 4:10
6/26 - Red Sox at Giants, Indians at Reds, Yankees at Dodgers, Cubs at White Sox 7:10
7/3 - Marlins at Braves, Brewers at Cardinals, Rays at Twins 4:10
7/10 - Cubs at Dodgers, Braves at Mets, Twins at Tigers 4:10
7/17 - Rays at Yankees
7/24 - Twins at Orioles, Mets at Dodgers, Rockies at Phillies 4:10
7/31 - Tigers at Red Sox, Dodgers at Giants, Mariners at Twins 4:10
8/7 - Giants at Braves, Red Sox at Yankees 4:10
8/14 - Orioles at Rays, Padres at Giants 4:10
8/21 - Angels at Twins, Rangers at Orioles 4:10
8/28 - Marlins at Braves, Twins at Mariners, Phillies at Padres 4:10
9/4 - Rangers at Twins, Mets at Cubs 4:10
9/11 - Cardinals at Braves, Phillies at Mets 4:10
9/18 - Rockies at Dodgers, Braves at Mets, Tigers at White Sox 4:10

Jntg4 Feb 5th 2010 5:00 am

I don't get CSN+ but they always have it on an alternate channel (I have Dish), did you check to see if they'd show it on an alternate channel?

LeeEila's/rant Feb 5th 2010 7:31 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jntg4 (Post 77247)
I don't get CSN+ but they always have it on an alternate channel (I have Dish), did you check to see if they'd show it on an alternate channel?

It doesn't matter , we will be blocked out. For some reason these national dumb asses believe that Peoria is in the Chicago veiwing area !!

Mike Feb 5th 2010 10:16 am

not only is WCIU a debacle, I cant get WGN in high def on my DIRECTV.
Im in Phoenix and need to order the MLB extra innings package to see my Cubbies,
so quit whinning that youll miss one game. PS. stop talking about the stupid curse
all you Cub fans, if you are true fans you'd never bring it up again!

LeeEila's/rant Feb 5th 2010 1:21 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 77249)
not only is WCIU a debacle, I cant get WGN in high def on my DIRECTV.
Im in Phoenix and need to order the MLB extra innings package to see my Cubbies,
so quit whinning that youll miss one game. PS. stop talking about the stupid curse
all you Cub fans, if you are true fans you'd never bring it up again!

It is not just one game it is all WCIU games . It is also blocked out on extra innings for us , Direct TV also believes that Peoria is a Chicago suburb !

I don't recall anyone seriously talking curse.

ryno4ever Feb 5th 2010 9:49 pm

WCIU is Chicago's CW station. My CW station is out of the Quad Cities. As for DirecTV, I don't get the WGN station in high def either, but they did say that later this year, they are adding a lot more high def stations, so I am hoping that WGN is also one.

There is talk that there may be a Cubs Channel in the near future... similar to the YES network for the Yankees. If this does become a reality, I may never leave my house! :)

Jntg4 Feb 6th 2010 7:14 am

I hope they'd show minor league games when major league games aren't on if the channel does get made.

cubbie_kern Feb 8th 2010 9:47 am

This also makes me mad. I already pay for dish tv and would love the games to be on wgn. Not everyone can afford to spend the extra money on extra innings... so if we want to complain about it after getting used to seeing most games on wgn, I think we can

ryno4ever Feb 8th 2010 4:19 pm

Good to see you back, Cubbie Kern! :)

taz57 Feb 9th 2010 3:03 am

I miss the days when the Cubs were on WGN for 140+ games.

cubbie_kern Feb 10th 2010 9:27 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryno4ever (Post 77257)
Good to see you back, Cubbie Kern! :)

thanks!

ryno4ever Feb 11th 2010 10:51 pm

I didi get an email back from the Cubs in response to my very angry email I sent to them. They did say that ESPN has exclusive rights to that day, so it shouldn't be blacked out.....

JC4CubsWin Mar 7th 2010 11:20 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryno4ever (Post 77251)
WCIU is Chicago's CW station. My CW station is out of the Quad Cities. As for DirecTV, I don't get the WGN station in high def either, but they did say that later this year, they are adding a lot more high def stations, so I am hoping that WGN is also one.

There is talk that there may be a Cubs Channel in the near future... similar to the YES network for the Yankees. If this does become a reality, I may never leave my house! :)

This is a "Very Nice Idea". Now with that being said MLB and thier silly rules about TV coverage is crazy.

To me if a person is willing to pay for the MLB Package through DTV they should show the games. I wait to watch the team I have rooted for my whole life, then MLB decides that the game should be blacked out. :mad: Yuck... Some of the best times I had growing up was watching WGN and the Cubs, with my dad. :rolleyes:

taz57 Mar 9th 2010 2:26 am

I'm afraid the Cubs Network is way down on the Rickett's list of things to do. They seem more focused on finishing the Wrigley renovation including the Triangle Building by the end of 2014, and rebuilding the farm system with more talented prospects. I didn't include a new spring training facility because the ball is in the state of Arizona and the city of Mesa's court at this time. This scenario could last longer than expected.

ryno4ever Mar 11th 2010 9:30 pm

Hey Taz! Good to see ya on here again! It's nice to see some of the old familiar faces coming back...Skullkey, Kern, Skip, Taz and others.... baseball is definately in the air. :)

This family is in for the long haul and we can't expect everything now... but it's nice to see a face of the organization...and a face that knows us as fans... that bleeds the blue blood. That tastes it just as much as we do...if not more because they have a few million more reasons to!

SkullKey Mar 17th 2010 2:15 pm

" ... It doesn't matter , we will be blocked out. For some reason these national dumb asses believe that Peoria is in the Chicago veiwing area !! ... "

" ... It is not just one game it is all WCIU games . It is also blocked out on extra innings for us , Direct TV also believes that Peoria is a Chicago suburb ! ... "

As far as MLB is concerned it is!

The black-out areas are determined by the advertisers and Fox, ESPN and TBS and their contracts with MLB (thanks Bud!). You guys might be surprised (if not shocked) at the size of some "local" areas: the Cubs is most of Illinois and Indiana.

Look at this map (click for large view):

http://www.bizofbaseball.com/index.p...157&Itemid=170

ARamfan Mar 18th 2010 11:06 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryno4ever (Post 77245)
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/schedule...t.jsp?c_id=chc

I did read where ESPN may have picked up Opening Day, but there's still a chance of a blackout with ESPN, too.

I am so mad mad mad mad mad mad right now! UGHHHHHHHHHHH

Why wouldn't you be able to get it on ESPN? I was assuming I'd be able to get it here on ESPN. :(

ARamfan Mar 18th 2010 11:15 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by taz57 (Post 77258)
I miss the days when the Cubs were on WGN for 140+ games.

I wish they would do that again, Taz. It would make all of our lives easier! :rolleyes:

VanMan Mar 18th 2010 2:11 pm

According to that map, the entire state of Iowa is considered home market for the Cubs, White Sox, Twins, Royals, Cardinals and Brewers. We don't get any Royals or Brewers in this area, and the Twins are only in limited areas of the state (along the border and near the Mason City area). The Cardinals are on FSN Midwest on Mediacom, while the Cubs and Sox are on everywhere here.

ryno4ever Mar 18th 2010 8:58 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARamfan (Post 77470)
Why wouldn't you be able to get it on ESPN? I was assuming I'd be able to get it here on ESPN. :(

Because it is offered on another Chicago channel, ESPN would be blacked out because of the blackout restrictions. Hopefully not, tho. If ESPN were the only one carrying it, I do believe we get it, but if it is on another chicago station, we usually are blacked out.

cubbie_kern Mar 18th 2010 10:32 pm

I'm right on the line in Southern Indiana and get blacked out

ryno4ever Apr 5th 2010 2:13 pm

I am blacked out.... and soooooo angry right now. Pissed. Furious. I took the day off. Got the grill out... got our gear on and I get a "Program is not Locally Available" in black across my big screen.

VanMan Apr 5th 2010 2:20 pm

Game isn't on here yet. Still got the end of the Cardinals-Reds game.

Drockvb Apr 5th 2010 2:22 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanMan (Post 77536)
Game isn't on here yet. Still got the end of the Cardinals-Reds game.

Yeah. Stinks.

Marlon Byrd is making fans right away. :D

ICcubfan Apr 5th 2010 2:24 pm

3 run inning then walk:)

VanMan Apr 5th 2010 2:44 pm

Zambrano gave up 6, including a three-run HR by a rookie!

ICcubfan Apr 5th 2010 2:57 pm

oi!

:eek:WOW

ICcubfan Apr 5th 2010 3:01 pm

In what was a dramatic five game series, their NLDS victory over the Atlanta Braves was the franchise's first postseason series win since they won the World Series in 1908.

LeeEila's/rant Apr 6th 2010 8:00 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryno4ever (Post 77534)
I am blacked out.... and soooooo angry right now. Pissed. Furious. I took the day off. Got the grill out... got our gear on and I get a "Program is not Locally Available" in black across my big screen.

I got it in Metamora , Heather . Do you live north of me ? I wonder where the cut off is ?

ryno4ever Apr 7th 2010 2:55 pm

Yes, Lee, I am North of Metamora... I am about an hour north of Peoria, an hour east of the QC, and about two hours west of Chicago. Literally in North Central IL.

LeeEila's/rant Apr 7th 2010 4:03 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryno4ever (Post 77596)
Yes, Lee, I am North of Metamora... I am about an hour north of Peoria, an hour east of the QC, and about two hours west of Chicago. Literally in North Central IL.

My ex-wife was from Wyoming Il.

ryno4ever Apr 7th 2010 5:54 pm

I'm just a bit north of them. Back in high school, they were in our conference, back before co-ops and consolidations.

LeeEila's/rant Apr 8th 2010 8:30 am

That is quite rural out there. The land of deer , coyotes and buzzards feasting on the road killed deer :)

SkullKey Apr 8th 2010 10:20 am

Down in Georgia they have road kill Cubs.

LeeEila's/rant Apr 8th 2010 11:24 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkullKey (Post 77612)
Down in Georgia they have road kill Cubs.

ouch :p

ryno4ever Apr 8th 2010 11:42 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 77608)
That is quite rural out there. The land of deer , coyotes and buzzards feasting on the road killed deer :)

Yep, we were officially called the REAL Children of the Corn when growing up! LOL

LeeEila's/rant Apr 27th 2010 6:10 am

Another WCIU game ! Hate it !!

VanMan Apr 27th 2010 12:49 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant (Post 77997)
Another WCIU game ! Hate it !!

Today?