View Single Post
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:58 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
Not much to report. The Twins are basically the same team that nearly went into the playoffs, but lost the one-game tiebreaker to the White Sox. They're basically a year more experienced. Also, Joe Mauer has a kidney problem and may miss part of spring training, though the Twins front office rep there said he should be ready. He's only going to miss the WBC.

Now, Dan Gladden, who was an outfielder with the Twins for the 1987 and 1991 World Series title teams, took the opportunity to show off his 1991 ring to pick on me, the only full-time Cub fan in the room. (The guys from the radio station that hosted it also are fans of the Cubs, but longer with the Twins. Their second AM frequency will be carrying Twins games while the Cubs will remain where they are.)