fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:44 am
MVP

My Mood:

Send a message via AIM to HOLYCOW!25
I can't give up on them, but don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind (and many times over) since last night. But what happened is inexcusable. I know I hate every time I hear this word, but nothing can describe this postseason other then 'choke'. And that's the worst part about losing to the Dodgers. Yes, they are a good team, but the Cubs were an even better team, by far. They should have won, or at the very least, put up a good fight. Instead they just layed down and took it. I mean, why did our pitchers suddenly start throwing beach balls across the plate? And when did our infielders begin dipping both hands and gloves into a tub of butter? And I can't even come up with an analogy as to how horrible our hitting was other then it sucked and couldn't come up with a timely hit (or even an extra base hit) once. Come April I'll be rooting for them. But right now, I'm not going to lie, I'm pissed off. And come Monday when I go to school, I'm not even gonna defend the Cubs. I'm gonna be hearing it from people in all my classes, and even a few teachers. And it's not that I don't want to defend the Cubs, but I have nothing to defend them with. That's how bad these past 3 games have been. I mean honestly, how can you defend that?
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:59 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLYCOW!25 View Post
I can't give up on them, but don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind (and many times over) since last night. But what happened is inexcusable. I know I hate every time I hear this word, but nothing can describe this postseason other then 'choke'. And that's the worst part about losing to the Dodgers. Yes, they are a good team, but the Cubs were an even better team, by far. They should have won, or at the very least, put up a good fight. Instead they just layed down and took it. I mean, why did our pitchers suddenly start throwing beach balls across the plate? And when did our infielders begin dipping both hands and gloves into a tub of butter? And I can't even come up with an analogy as to how horrible our hitting was other then it sucked and couldn't come up with a timely hit (or even an extra base hit) once. Come April I'll be rooting for them. But right now, I'm not going to lie, I'm pissed off. And come Monday when I go to school, I'm not even gonna defend the Cubs. I'm gonna be hearing it from people in all my classes, and even a few teachers. And it's not that I don't want to defend the Cubs, but I have nothing to defend them with. That's how bad these past 3 games have been. I mean honestly, how can you defend that?
agreed 100% I have thought many times durring and after the game about giving them up. But I just cant. We are tied together for life.

And you are right, there is nothing left in me to defend them. Nothing to defend.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:24 am
MVP

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy Killa View Post
I dont even know if i wanna be a cubs fan....is that something that you could do, just walk away and never look back?
Sorry Ivy Killa, you may not leave. LOL You must take your lumps with the rest of us.

You know you will be back come opening day. You are addicted like the rest of us.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:12 pm
Veteran

My Mood:

Send a message via AIM to thisistheday
Quote:
I dont even know if i wanna be a cubs fan....is that something that you could do, just walk away and never look back?
Dude, what? I don't know how you can even say that. I mean, I know how much this sucks. I'm just crushed to my very core right now. I don't care if it hurts like the dickens, I could never walk away from being a Cubs' fan. It's called loyalty. If you can walk away, you're not a true fan. So none of that talk.
The best thing you can do for your fellow, next to rousing his conscience, is not to give him things to think about, but to wake things up that are in him; or say, to make him think things for himself. -G.M.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:00 pm
MVP

My Mood:

I just could not believe what I was watching, it looked like a total collapse, I am still shocked on how such a great team we have and get swept like that . My hopes will not be so high anymore, love the Cubbies, but man am I disappointed.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:29 pm
All-Star

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drockvb View Post
Sorry Ivy Killa, you may not leave. LOL You must take your lumps with the rest of us.

You know you will be back come opening day. You are addicted like the rest of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistheday View Post
Dude, what? I don't know how you can even say that. I mean, I know how much this sucks. I'm just crushed to my very core right now. I don't care if it hurts like the dickens, I could never walk away from being a Cubs' fan. It's called loyalty. If you can walk away, you're not a true fan. So none of that talk.
If i was to walk away it would have to be from baseball completely and i'm not ready to give up on either....it's just when it looks like your team doesnt care then why should we, but we do and that's what makes this so hard. I guess if it's any consolation this defeat, in my mind was nowhere near as hard as 2003 and the collapse late in 04. It's just numbing.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 5:53 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Quote:
If i was to walk away it would have to be from baseball completely and i'm not ready to give up on either....it's just when it looks like your team doesnt care then why should we, but we do and that's what makes this so hard. I guess if it's any consolation this defeat, in my mind was nowhere near as hard as 2003 and the collapse late in 04. It's just numbing.

We know your pain Ivy Killa. Being a Cub fan is the hardest thing in the world it seems more often than not. It seems like with each passing year a World Series Championship gets further and further out of grasp. It is hard to fathom, and only us Cub fans can understand. I hear all the Red Sox fans with all their sympathetic pep talk for us, but even they don't understand. I blow them off whenever i they try to give me their pep talk stuff.

In '03 i swore i would never watch this team again. I ripped off my Cubs shirt and threw it in the trash after their collapse. I was ashamed and totally disgusted. But there i was the next year, watching and hoping.

I feel ashamed again this year. I am embarrassed to be a fan. But then it dawned on me. It is better to be a fan and show your pride after a tough loss, than to be a fair weather fan of a winner. I will wear my Cub's hat all next week in hopes to see a Dodger's fan around town, and know that that Dodger's fan probably hasn't worn his dodger's hat in 5 years or so. I have seen more Dodgers hats in the last week than i have all summer long. Fair weather fans are for wussies.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 8:12 pm
Veteran

My Mood:

Send a message via AIM to thisistheday
Quote:

It might not have looked like the team cared, but you know they do. And you know none of them are feeling good now either.
The best thing you can do for your fellow, next to rousing his conscience, is not to give him things to think about, but to wake things up that are in him; or say, to make him think things for himself. -G.M.
Sponsored Links