fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:45 pm
MVP

My Mood:

Angry Lineup

I have serious issues with Lou and his lineup rodeo. So, why is the guy (Derosa) that went 5 for 5 yesterday sitting on the bench today? Why is Ward batting fifth? Why is D Lee either A. not getting a rest with Ward in the lineup OR B. at what point do you take him out of the 3rd spot until he starts hitting again? Ward should not be batting fifth. I think DLee needs a serious break. He his either swinging late or not swinging at all. If anything the lineup should look like this today:

Theriot
Kendall
Jones
Ramirez
Derosa
Murton
Ward
Fontenot
Hill

I just don't get it. Right now as I see it Lee in the lineup and Ward batting behind Ramirez has hurt this team twice today already. D Ward offers Ramirez NO protection. They are pitching around him to get to an easy out in Ward. And we wonder why we are losing.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:43 pm
Veteran

My Mood:
Chill dude. They said DeRosa tweaked something yesterday.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:59 pm
MVP

My Mood:
They said Derosa had to get a shot in his hip today so that is probably a good reason why he wasn't in the line up. I do also think D. Lee needs a rest. I have watched him not only strikeout more the last 2 weeks but he is striking out looking which leads me to think 1 of 2 things, either he is not seeing the ball well or he is thinking way to much at the plate which in return he is putting to much pressure on himself.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:09 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

0-3 3kS TODAY- Rough- but you do have to say he could not be hitting in a better spot in the lineup as far as who is in front of him and who is behind him. Jones and Rammy are our two hottest hitters. The thing I see with him is his great eye for the plate is hurting him right now. He rarely swings at a bad pitch and he takes a lot of close pitches. Pitches that a lot of people swing at and get hits on. He may get a day off soon, but we definately need him in the lineup.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:02 pm
MVP

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeghman View Post
Chill dude. They said DeRosa tweaked something yesterday.
Ok fine. Derosa tweaked something. You chill. The lineup still sucked. Move Lee to the 5th where he has belonged lately. Then have Kendall and Jones bat #2 and #3. Ward should not bat 5th and Lee does not deserve the #3 spot with the way he has played lately.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:07 pm
MVP

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roenick99 View Post
Ok fine. Derosa tweaked something. You chill. The lineup still sucked. Move Lee to the 5th where he has belonged lately. Then have Kendall and Jones bat #2 and #3. Ward should not bat 5th and Lee does not deserve the #3 spot with the way he has played lately.
I don't think moving Lee from the 3rd spot is the answer. Lee is obviously in a horrible slump, Lee has batted third for a very long time and sometimes when you go moving a superstar out of a spot they are comfortable with it puts them in a worse funk than they are already in. Lee either needs to work through it or be given a couple days off. Just my opinion.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:07 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
Roenick, you need to chill yourself. It all worked out with a W. Just wave the white flag with the blue W and accept the win. We're in first place now.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:19 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
I have to disagree with this. DLee is just in a slump. That's all it is. No reason to go moving him down in the batting order.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:22 pm

My Mood:

Send a message via ICQ to VanMan Send a message via AIM to VanMan Send a message via MSN to VanMan Send a message via Yahoo to VanMan Send a message via Skype™ to VanMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARamfan View Post
I have to disagree with this. DLee is just in a slump. That's all it is. No reason to go moving him down in the batting order.
Yeah. It's not like Lou's Joe Torre and D-Lee's A-Rod or anything.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:32 pm
Veteran

My Mood:
Quote:
Holt cow man. Relax. The Cubs are in first and all is right with the world, at least until the next time a 30 year baseball vet does something that you disagree with.

You need to tip a few more Old Styles or Busch or whatever will calm you down enough to not have a coronary from being a Cubs fan. Although you would not be the first.
Sponsored Links