fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:41 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

With all of the RHs we are seeing this week, I just cant see them sending Hoff down. He has been in a recent slide but the plan was to platoon him some with Bradley in RF. Bradley has had some good ABs of late, so that may have changed. With Fuld not playing or starting the last 3 games- I would say it is he that will be sent down. Lou actually may have done well with that move after all. If he- Fuld-would have continued to excell, then there would have been more trouble tomorrow in the decision.

Explain to me about Patton please. I know he is a Rule 5 guy, but why cant we just let him go?
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:58 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

rule 5, if you select a player you have to keep him on the 25 man roster all season for the first season you have him.

you can let him go, but he has to be offered back to the original team. If they were going to do that, they would have done that awhile ago. Makes no sense to keep him for half the year just to let him go back. If they were smart, instead of trading that Double A pitcher for Baker, they would have traded him for the rights to patton, then sent him down.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:01 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
With all of the RHs we are seeing this week, I just cant see them sending Hoff down.
Yea, but Fox has been crushing RHP since he's been up

Quote:
Explain to me about Patton please. I know he is a Rule 5 guy, but why cant we just let him go?
There are several other options with Patton, for example they can put him on a long DL stint (like the Pirates are currently doing with ex-Cub Don Veal).
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:23 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

One thing is for sure to me after this weekend though about Hoff and Fox, they wont hurt our defense that much by playing the corners in the OF. I know Bradley lost one in the sun but Soriano was awful this weekend. I definately think that Fox has earned the right to stay over Hoff- but I still like to have that LH thump coming off the bench late in games. I just wish they would have let Fox play more in the OF in AAA instead of DHing.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:09 am
Rookie

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockstock View Post
Yea, but Fox has been crushing RHP since he's been up.
This is what should be looked at when making a decision. IMHO you can't say "This guy is RH and he will not be able to produce against Right Handed Pitchers." I hope Hendry & Lou were paying attention.

Quote:
There are several other options with Patton, for example they can put him on a long DL stint (like the Pirates are currently doing with ex-Cub Don Veal).
YES... I would do something like this in a heartbeat. We have a few that would be open to the "Waver Wire" if we tried to send them down. Everytime our ex Cub Casey killed us this weekend I would just mutter. And the Cub's didn't get anything for him. I know he didn't look like much in the minors or when he was up with the big club last year. But the switch apparently has been turned on.

This team has too many long term contracts for big bucks. It is next to impossible to trade the "Soriano's, MB's, Zambrano's etc"
Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:10 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
wasnt thinking about that, but he would have to stay on the 15 day DL. What other options are there, outside of sending the rockies someone for his rights?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 7:17 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Put Harden and Soriano on the fifteen day list , send down Hoff and then see who can really play or pitch in the next couple weeks. If Fuld and Fox are a couple of flukes the NL should start catching up to them by then.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 7:21 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
This is what should be looked at when making a decision. IMHO you can't say "This guy is RH and he will not be able to produce against Right Handed Pitchers." I hope Hendry & Lou were paying attention.
Lou will find this impossible . It goes against all of his long held bias.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:01 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenjamin View Post
wasnt thinking about that, but he would have to stay on the 15 day DL. What other options are there, outside of sending the rockies someone for his rights?
I'm not even sure how it works out. right now the Pirates have Veal listed on the 15-day DL and he hasn't pitched since May. I read there's a 90-day period a Rule V player has to be on the 25-man.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:03 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
Put Harden and Soriano on the fifteen day list .
that was another option. Something's screwy with Harden, he's averaging a HR every 4-5 innings, it seems like every flyball he gives up is leaving the yard.