fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old May 1st 2010, 3:26 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks View Post
A very expected retort... You can only pile crap onto the previous crap you've spewed, for so long... I mean even you, the king of BS, wasn't going to be able to logically convey into words how Ryan Theriot's ego has gotten into the way, let alone explaining how Theriot has shown any ego at all...

I'm glad you are starting to see the error in your ways!
Theriot is filled with " white guilt " .
Old May 1st 2010, 5:47 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockstock View Post
Theriot is not overly aggresive at the plate 'once'. He's led the cubs in fewest pitches/PA the last couple of years. He's been among the lead leaders in outs on the basepaths the last couple of years, no small feat considering he was no where near the league lead in OBP.

Banks, I'll be out in front of Wrigley tommorrow protesting Arizona's immigration law with Reverend Wright, Jesse Jackson and some other people. come by and say hi!!!

I'll have my 'White People for Reparations' petition there for you to sign.
Nah, white-guilt doesn't anger me. It makes me sad. Judging people/having opinions on them, purely on the basis of their skin color, isn't something I'm cool with. Again, I feel sad for people like you, not angry.

You jumped through hoops to defend Milton Bradley, a guy my black father-in-law, who felt real racism growing up due to terrible things like the Jim Crowe law, was able to call on his race-bating, selfish, antics. On top of that, he was able to call Milton out on his poor play.

Ryan Theriot, a white, overachieving, solid baseball player, who never complains and always plays hard, is someone you do the opposite with. You jump through hoops to criticism him.

Look, you got called on your crap. Maybe take this as a way to change. We are all the same on the inside. Sure, we have our cultural difference...minor things we are better at...but we should be treated with the same set of standards. People like you try and hide your elitist, insecure, feelings about minorities, by treating them like children. You don't think they are as good as you/white people, so you placate them. People like me, on the other hand, see black people as a true equal. Therefore, I hold them to the same standards as anyone else, and call them on their crap as I would a white person. People like you push things like affirmative action because you believe black people aren't good enough. I feel great sorrow for people like you!
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:19 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
, a guy my black father-in-law, who felt real racism growing up due to terrible things like the Jim Crowe law, was able to call on his race-bating, selfish, antics
Does he still vote Democrat ?

I tried explaining to my inlaws that the Dems have been holding down the black race since before the Civil War. The Jim Crow laws were Democrat invention to deny blacks political access. The KKK was started to work as a terrorist arm of the Democratic party.
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:59 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Banks

Why don't you just shut the **** up before you keep making yourself look stupid (which you done time and time again with multiple accounts)??

You're labeling me through a message board, and the funny part about it is you honestly believe it. I honestly don't give a **** about your father-in-law, and I don't give a **** about your personal opinion either, based on how you treat and respect other people's opinions on here.

You're the one who's been banned multiple times from here, hilarious considering you think you're model of how to treat people with respect is the correct one.

You're inability to separate your fantasy of postmodernism in America and baseball is rather sad.

The funny thing is I guarantee I am way more principled in conservatism and politics than you are. But I don't care about bringing up that garbage on a BASEBALL message board.
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:13 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post

I tried explaining to my inlaws that the Dems have been holding down the black race since before the Civil War. The Jim Crow laws were Democrat invention to deny blacks political access. The KKK was started to work as a terrorist arm of the Democratic party.
Woodrow Wilson's son or son-in-law was actually one of the grand chiefs of the KKK, and Wilson had 'Birth of a Nation' screened at the White House.

But since I'm full of White Guilt, I guess am supposed to think Woodrow Wilson was the first great "progressive" presidents of the 20th century...or something like that, according to Bims the Clown, the Great Ethnographer
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:22 am
MVP

My Mood:
Quote:
Banks

Why don't you just shut the **** up before you keep making yourself look stupid (which you done time and time again with multiple accounts)??

You're labeling me through a message board, and the funny part about it is you honestly believe it. I honestly don't give a **** about your father-in-law, and I don't give a **** about your personal opinion either, based on how you treat and respect other people's opinions on here.

You're the one who's been banned multiple times from here, hilarious considering you think you're model of how to treat people with respect is the correct one.

You're inability to separate your fantasy of postmodernism in America and baseball is rather sad.

The funny thing is I guarantee I am way more principled in conservatism and politics than you are. But I don't care about bringing up that garbage on a BASEBALL message board.
BRAVO ! Well spoke and much needed. I cringe 95% of the time that fool posts.

As to XXXXX itself, all I have to say is:

http://web.mac.com/jimgerard/gort/stupid.wav

In his various iterations he has done much to destroy and cheapen this board just like he has destroyed the MLB board. We used to have good and growing participation here and it is no coincidence that it stalled and then declined after it first showed up. Remember when we were in the Top 10 of baseball related sites?
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:37 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Woodrow Wilson's son or son-in-law was actually one of the grand chiefs of the KKK, and Wilson had 'Birth of a Nation' screened at the White House.

But since I'm full of White Guilt, I guess am supposed to think Woodrow Wilson was the first great "progressive" presidents of the 20th century...or something like that, according to Bims the Clown, the Great Ethnographer
The more I read of history , of course they don't teach the truth in school , about everything that has been screwed up has this guy's hands in it.

He has been hidden in the history books much like some masked villian.
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:43 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

You guys are giving him way too much credit. Don't take him serious.

There is always a clown in every crowd.

I find comfort in seeing the clown amongst us , because if you ever look over a crowd and you can't find the clown , there is a good chance it may be you
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:08 pm
All-Star

My Mood:

I agree with the opinion that Theriot is a 2b playing shortstop. Not saying he's done bad at ss, I just think he's better suited for 2b.
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:51 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post

Absolutely, Lee! For the first time in that pea brain of yours, you had a logical thought. The democratic/liberal party, has looked down on black people for years. And you're right, they have passed laws restricting black people as much as they could. In wasn't until the democratic party saw black people as potential voters(Like they currently do with illegal immigrants), that they placated to them, and treated them like second class citizen's who needed to be helped. Black people do not need any help...they are capable of anything white people are. It's ashame that I even have to say that! But liberals/Democrat's just don't see it that way!

And no, he's not a democrat...he's a Republican. He believes, as do I, that things like black history month, affirmative action, etc, are insults to his race.
Sponsored Links