fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Jul 31st 2010, 1:46 pm
Little Leaguer

My Mood:

148 million dollars, for what?

I have officially had it with my 50 years of being a die hard Cub fan. It doesn't seem to matter who the players are or how much they are paid, nothing good ever happens. Everyone on this current team can go away as far as I'm concerned. Nobody is untouchable or deserves any special treatment to be able to come back next season. We fans need to stop dwelling on the fact that it's been over 100 years, and stop reminding others with the ridiculous signs on the building across the street. We need to stop coming to the ballpark and acting like a fool as our team makes us look like one. Wrigley Field is a great place, but the Cubs will never win anything there , and that's just the way it is. They need to turn it into an historical landmark and move this team to the suburbs, or kiss your dream of ever seeing the Cubs win a World Series. Until the Cubs Make it to a World Series, I've donated enough years to this debacle, you kids can take over from here, if you enjoy misery!
Old Jul 31st 2010, 3:23 pm
Veteran

One of the dumbest things I've ever read. He actually blames the location, for the Cubs lack of success. You make Lee and HEYHEY, look like Bill James!
Old Jul 31st 2010, 3:55 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

The Cubs are a tragic Shakesperean comedy.

Quit worrying about the team winning the world series, sit back ,and enjoy the comical entertainment.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 9:03 pm
Little Leaguer

My Mood:

Hey Banks, when Wrigley field never gives the home team an advantage any more, why wouldn't I give it part of the blame for the Cubs unsuccessful attempts at winning for the last 100 years. The record for home games has never been good for the biggest percentage of the time. This is a playing field that you cannot build a team to suit it. Stack a team with home run hitters and the wind blows in more times than not, so then you have a bunch of players that know how to swing for the fences and don't know how to situationally hit. It's not a triples ballpark, so no need to really have a lot of speed on the team and nobody steals bases any more. Let's face it, in order to steal a base, you actually have to get on base. Wrigley Field is just as fair to the visiting team as it is to the Cubs. When everyone is building better parks that suit their teams, the Cubs are still behind the times, just like when we didn't have lights. When we didn't have lights in 84, MLB took our home field advantage away from us and made us play 3 consecutive games in a 5 game series in San Diego, and look what that cost us.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 11:54 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Hey Banks, when Wrigley field never gives the home team an advantage any more, why wouldn't I give it part of the blame for the Cubs unsuccessful attempts at winning for the last 100 years. The record for home games has never been good for the biggest percentage of the time. This is a playing field that you cannot build a team to suit it. Stack a team with home run hitters and the wind blows in more times than not, so then you have a bunch of players that know how to swing for the fences and don't know how to situationally hit. It's not a triples ballpark, so no need to really have a lot of speed on the team and nobody steals bases any more. Let's face it, in order to steal a base, you actually have to get on base. Wrigley Field is just as fair to the visiting team as it is to the Cubs. When everyone is building better parks that suit their teams, the Cubs are still behind the times, just like when we didn't have lights. When we didn't have lights in 84, MLB took our home field advantage away from us and made us play 3 consecutive games in a 5 game series in San Diego, and look what that cost us.
Explain how US Cellular is a decisively better stadium for the Sox, than it's opponents. Or Fenway for the Red Sox? Same with every team in baseball...

The advantage is in the familiarity of your ball park...the familiarity of your home city...the advantage of having YOUR fans...at Wrigley, it's in understanding how to adjust to the wind, something Cubs hitters and pitchers have an advantage over every player, on every team...

The stadium a team plays in has nothing to do with whether they win or not. The players they put on the field is all that matters!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:35 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

I really think the day games are a big factor with the Cubs. Most of these players have spent the whole of their careers playing in the evenings and have been conditioned for such. When you hear players saying how they can lose up to ten pounds in a couple back to back day games , you know it can't good.It could explain the way the Cubs have had trouble when it caomes to games in October , they are just worn out. With cleaning of baseball chemicals it should be even harder to adapt to all the day games.

That is how I always made my " suspect list " , is when I didn't notice guys dropping weight through the season. When I was heavy in lifting , I found it hard to maintain size with any heavy activity.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 1:05 pm
Little Leaguer

My Mood:

All of you fans out there can be as loyal as you want to be, but The Cubs will never win as long as they play in Wrigley, no matter how smart you think you are. You could take any good team and have them switch places with the Cub players and they would lose too. Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, you name it, they would all become losers no matter what the payroll. We have had so much premiere talent on Cubs teams in the years past that it defies all logic. Other teams with no talent and no payroll have gone on to win World Series, and it's all because of Wrigley Field and not the players. You end up with day games most the time, then a night game followed by day games, combined with an unbalanced schedule and it does not coincide with any team playing in Wrigley. We fans might as well take down all the signs that states how long it's been cuz it's gonna be a longer century coming up as long as they continue to play in Wrigley Field. Go ahead and think that I am Just crazy, you'll see !!!! I'm not a missionary like Banks, I like different positions!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 1:15 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
All of you fans out there can be as loyal as you want to be, but The Cubs will never win as long as they play in Wrigley, no matter how smart you think you are. You could take any good team and have them switch places with the Cub players and they would lose too. Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, you name it, they would all become losers no matter what the payroll. We have had so much premiere talent on Cubs teams in the years past that it defies all logic. Other teams with no talent and no payroll have gone on to win World Series, and it's all because of Wrigley Field and not the players. You end up with day games most the time, then a night game followed by day games, combined with an unbalanced schedule and it does not coincide with any team playing in Wrigley. We fans might as well take down all the signs that states how long it's been cuz it's gonna be a longer century coming up as long as they continue to play in Wrigley Field. Go ahead and think that I am Just crazy, you'll see !!!! I'm not a missionary like Banks, I like different positions!
You aren't crazy.....you're retarded!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 2:06 pm
Little Leaguer

My Mood:

Dear Banks, I've heard thru fogpog that you are a trouble maker and most of them ignore you. I now can see why. You must think that you are on the hatred filled Keith Obermann show or Jim Romes smackoff, because all you do is call people names and denegrate them. Why not try having a nice conversation, pointing out your point of view without calling other people stupid, crazy, or retarded. The problem today is that everyone is real brave sitting at their computer and talking to people like they are so superior over everyone else. That's how you come across. Wise up !!
Sponsored Links