fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue
 
Chicago Cubs
Schedule
Standings
Player Stats
Roster
Depth Chart
Wrigley Field
History
2013 Standings
National League Central
TEAM W L PCT GB
St. Louis 97 65 .599 -
Pittsburgh 94 68 .580 3.0
Cincinnati 90 72 .556 7.0
Milwaukee 74 88 .457 23.0
CUBS 66 96 .407 31.0
- End of Regular Season -
Recommended Sites
Media Friends:
AskMen.com
CBS SportsLine
Chicago Bears
Chicago Bulls
Chicago Cubs
ESPN
FOX Sports
Maxim
MLB.com
Sports Illustrated
Stuff
Site Friends:
1060 West
Chicago Cubs Blog
CNLBCB
Ivy Chat
Len & Bob's Blog
MLB Rumors
fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:12 pm
cubbyfanforever's Avatar
cubbyfanforever cubbyfanforever is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 20 miles from Wrigley!
Posts: 1,216
The one who shall not be named speaks out!

----------------------------------- http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...0,687634.story ------------------------------------------

"At some point in your career, your name is going to be thrown out there in trades and it's going to create some uncertainty," Rob***s said before the Orioles' 7-4 loss today to the St. Louis Cardinals. "But, no, I didn't expect this to go all the way through spring training. It's not something that I'd want to go through every year, that's for sure."

"I think at some point that needs to happen," Rob***s said. "I'm not saying it has to be today or tomorrow, but if it gets to be Opening Day, I don't really want to deal with it for two more months. I can't imagine that [a trade] would happen on April 20. That doesn't really make much sense. I'd think if it doesn't happen by the end of spring training, it's probably not going to.

"I wouldn't say it would be a letdown if [a trade] doesn't happen. I'm going to play baseball either way. I love my teammates, the city of Baltimore. It's not like it would be the end of the world. But like I've said before, everybody wants to win and you always want to be in a situation where you feel like you have the best chance of doing that."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:53 pm
Robertsfan Robertsfan is offline
Little Leaguer
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 29
I now fully understand why so many Cubs fans call MacPhail "MacFail." Brian Roberts is the face of our (the Orioles) franchise and one of the nicest guys on the planet and MacPhail is treating him like garbage. He seriously needed to either trade him to the Cubs or decide not to at least a month and a half ago. This is ridiculous. Either the Cubs have offered enough or they haven't. Why can't he move on one way or the other? Do you guys have any insight on this from your years of experience with "MacFailure"? Alienating your best and most popular player is not a smart move!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:15 pm
cubbyfanforever's Avatar
cubbyfanforever cubbyfanforever is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 20 miles from Wrigley!
Posts: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsfan View Post
I now fully understand why so many Cubs fans call MacPhail "MacFail." Brian Roberts is the face of our (the Orioles) franchise and one of the nicest guys on the planet and MacPhail is treating him like garbage. He seriously needed to either trade him to the Cubs or decide not to at least a month and a half ago. This is ridiculous. Either the Cubs have offered enough or they haven't. Why can't he move on one way or the other? Do you guys have any insight on this from your years of experience with "MacFailure"? Alienating your best and most popular player is not a smart move!
If you look at MacFail's success when he was with the Twins, there where already All-Star players there, like Pucket and the core was already there, he will and traded most of the Orioles core and that means it might be a long time that Orioles will win a championship with him there, you will also call him MacFail. As far as your All-Star 2b, I think he is an awesome player and seems to be a classy guy, he deserves to be where he is wanted, JH and Cubbie fans are hoping he can join us so we can advance further than we were last year,we need a real leadoff hitter .
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:23 pm
Robertsfan Robertsfan is offline
Little Leaguer
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbyfanforever View Post
If you look at MacFail's success when he was with the Twins, there where already All-Star players there, like Pucket and the core was already there, he will and traded most of the Orioles core and that means it might be a long time that Orioles will win a championship with him there, you will also call him MacFail. As far as your All-Star 2b, I think he is an awesome player and seems to be a classy guy, he deserves to be where he is wanted, JH and Cubbie fans are hoping he can join us so we can advance further than we were last year,we need a real leadoff hitter .
At this point I hope that happens too (although it should have happened 2 months ago). It makes me sad to say it but my team is so dysfunctional it doesn't deserve a special player like Brian. The sooner he can get out of that madhouse, the better.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:34 pm
SkullKey's Avatar
SkullKey SkullKey is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Juuuust, A Bit Outside.
Posts: 1,315
" ..... It makes me sad to say it but my team is so dysfunctional it doesn't deserve a special player like Brian. ..... "

That's nonsense ! What O's fans and this mysterious fellow you keep referring too deserve is better management. It starts at the very top.

And I still say that Angelos is cruelly playing all this for media attention. It may not be his only goal and purpose but he's milking it. The swine.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:52 am
Cubbies10's Avatar
Cubbies10 Cubbies10 is offline
All-Star
 
My Mood:
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chester,England
Posts: 817
I would love to have he who shall not be named as it really would sort out our concerns but would anyone else feel bad for DeRosa? he put up some good numbers last year for a second baseman, i know that he would be one hell of a utility man to come off the bench. I guess the guy coming in would give us good defense a lead-off man and a bit of speed and the much coveted lead-off man.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:35 am
cubbyfanforever's Avatar
cubbyfanforever cubbyfanforever is offline
MVP
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 20 miles from Wrigley!
Posts: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubbies10 View Post
I would love to have he who shall not be named as it really would sort out our concerns but would anyone else feel bad for DeRosa? he put up some good numbers last year for a second baseman, i know that he would be one hell of a utility man to come off the bench. I guess the guy coming in would give us good defense a lead-off man and a bit of speed and the much coveted lead-off man.
DeRosa is awesome, but its all about the team and winning, if we get O's 2B, man we would win more games.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:45 am
Cubbies10's Avatar
Cubbies10 Cubbies10 is offline
All-Star
 
My Mood:
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chester,England
Posts: 817
I just hope that it gets sorted out sooner rather than later, i dont want to start the season with rumors still flying around. Its a distraction that we could really do without.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:39 am
TheBenjamin's Avatar
TheBenjamin TheBenjamin is offline
Hall Of Famer
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,844
with our luck, things will happen the day before opening day. leaving no time to build chemestry
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:59 am
LeeEila's/rant's Avatar
LeeEila's/rant LeeEila's/rant is offline
Hall Of Famer
 
My Mood:

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Metamora
Posts: 2,531
I would tell the Orioles to shove it up thier ass and field the team we have !!!!

There is a reason they are a retarded team that belongs in some double A league and not the majors !!!!
__________________
Christian Morgenstern : And thus , in his considered view ; What did not suit - could not be true
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ramirez speaks--as long as it's not cockfighting cubbyfanforever The Bleachers 34 Feb 20th 2008 10:43 pm
Nomar Named LeeEila's/rant The Bleachers 41 Dec 17th 2007 6:09 pm
Player to be named from the Pirates SKIPPER 11 The Bleachers 11 Aug 5th 2007 4:41 pm
Wood finally speaks to media.... ryno4ever The Bleachers 12 Mar 29th 2007 12:06 am
Lilley named second starter and more.... ryno4ever The Bleachers 16 Mar 7th 2007 9:57 pm


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:49 pm.



Copyright © 2006-2013 fogpog.com. All rights reserved.
Chicago Cubs logos Copyright © 2013 Major League Baseball and the Chicago Cubs.
Powered by: vBulletin v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.