fogpog Feeds
Subscribe
RSS 2.0
RSS 1.0
Java
Add to My Yahoo!
Link To Us:
fogpog.com - Staying True To Cubbie Blue

Welcome to fogpog, the best place to talk about all things related to Chicago Cubs baseball. To gain full access to fogpog you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in our forums and browse from over 75,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other Cubs fans from around the world.
  • Create your own custom profile filled with many different features.
  • Gain access to our free arcade providing an assortment of fun and challenging games.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the fogpog Staff.

Go Back   fogpog > Cubs Baseball > The Bleachers
CUBS Tickets Gallery Arcade FP Store Donate

Old Feb 8th 2012, 12:54 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks View Post
Hendry's trade for Blake was a good one... Lilly was on empty, as it pertains to his career. Getting Blake, along with some solid pitching prospects, was a strong return.
I have to disagree, I thought that was a terrible trade. The Cubs would have been better off hanging onto Lilly and offering him arbitration and snagging the draft pick(s). Of course, the flip side is we all saw that Hendry didn't understand how to use arbitration to rebuild the farm system. Still the return was disappointing for a pitcher who was a Type A free agent.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:14 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockstock View Post
I have to disagree, I thought that was a terrible trade. The Cubs would have been better off hanging onto Lilly and offering him arbitration and snagging the draft pick(s). Of course, the flip side is we all saw that Hendry didn't understand how to use arbitration to rebuild the farm system. Still the return was disappointing for a pitcher who was a Type A free agent.
I believe Lilly's Type A status is what would have prevented teams from signing him. I don't see many team giving up a 1st round pick, for Ted Lilly, late in his career.

Blake DeWitt, who by the way is going to spring training with the Cubs and will make the team, was a solid prospect for the Dodgers. Still only 26, Blake will make an impact in baseball.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 12:02 pm
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Blake DeWitt, who by the way is going to spring training with the Cubs and will make the team, was a solid prospect for the Dodgers. Still only 26, Blake will make an impact in baseball.
He sure will, the Iowa Cubs will need some infield depth.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 8:48 am
Veteran

I often notice the parallels between a baseball player's value, and the value of a stock, on the stock exchange...

Carlos Marmol was a valuable, pricey stock, for which the Cubs neglected to sell at its peek. Instead, they've held on to it for way to long. Thus, having to sell it at pennies on the dollar.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 10:02 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
I often notice the parallels between a baseball player's value, and the value of a stock, on the stock exchange...

Carlos Marmol was a valuable, pricey stock, for which the Cubs neglected to sell at its peek. Instead, they've held on to it for way to long. Thus, having to sell it at pennies on the dollar.
Ricketts really screwed up keeping Hendry longer than he should have and cost us way too much , maybe two years.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 9:23 am
Hall Of Famer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeEila's/rant View Post
Ricketts really screwed up keeping Hendry longer than he should have and cost us way too much , maybe two years.
I 100% agree

Frankly, the Cubs should have been sellers and started rebuilding after the 2009 season.